Deep Six's second journal

@Deepsix happy bday

1 Like

Quick question my tap water is 85 PPM Ph 7.5 should I Ph my water to 6.5 or not. It usually is around 100 PPM. @dbrn32 @MattyBear @kellydans @Covertgrower @Bulldognuts @beardless

4 Likes

Can you provide some context? I want to say yes your water should be ph’d to proper range. But I’m not really sure why you’re asking.

At 85ppm your ph tester may not be reading accurately though.

6 Likes

It is a new PPM pen 2months old. I’ve read on the forum if it is under 100 you don’t have to adjust the Ph. I have always adjusted my PH to 6.5 just curious about it.

2 Likes

I agree I would ph my water and ppm it at the correct stage of feeding. Ph wayer 7.5 hmm??

2 Likes

My well tap water run around 140 umho Conductivity. An ph reading around 6 ph Couple drops of PH up and I’m back to the sweet spot at 6.5 yes I do ph on water day.

4 Likes

The theory is that low ppm water will assume ph of the media? If so, what if ph of media isn’t in range?

6 Likes

Got me thinking here @dbrn32 :grin:

2 Likes

Ok thank you @dbrn32 @kellydans @Growcoast. I’ll keep doing it the way I’ve always done it Ph my water to 6.5. Haven’t killed a plant yet LOL. In 2 years.

7 Likes

I struggle to fix things that aren’t broken as well.

There is pretty good chance you would be fine not adjusting ph with ppm that low. But like mentioned, most ph testers rely on some ec to display an accurate ph. I feel like this usually around 150ppm. If less than that you should question authenticity of ph reading anyway.

5 Likes

Thank you Sir. like the old saying if it’s not broken don’t fix it.

6 Likes

Here is a updated pic of my 3 girls GDP Feminize photo. There 2 1/2 weeks old

I’m thinking on this grow I’ll Fim the one in front GDP #1, top the one on the left GDP #2 and leave the one on the right GDP #3 alone she was the runt just see if there is a difference between the styles. They will all be LST when ready. @Not2SureYet @Nicky @kellydans @Bulldognuts @Growcoast @beardless @Covertgrower @MattyBear @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32

Blockquote

9 Likes

Just know that they will probably be different heights when they flower if they are trained different, but it still happens to me know matter what unless I scrog, so maybe you’ll get lucky and have an even canopy. They look great too :call_me_hand:t3:

8 Likes

My runts always turn out to be better and bigger or catch up at the stretch strain specific @Deepsix yes agree all will be different so stay on top of the training and you will be fine happy growing!! thanks for the tag!!

2 Likes

3 gdp’s ! Is that a 2x4 tent? I’ve only grown 1 gdp but she was a big girl.

2 Likes

It’s a 3x3 tent. I had dropped 3 seeds figuring I would get 2 plants but they had different ideas.

3 Likes

I can’t cull a healthy plant either.

2 Likes

I hear ya it’s going to get a little crowed in there I have them in 3 gal pots hoping to give me a little more room.

1 Like

@Cannabian Hope you are not affected by all this rain and flooding in Vancouver B.C stay safe brother.

1 Like

Well we are, but not like you may think! Mistly food shortages because of panic buying.

2 Likes