Decrease humidity in tent

Hello ILGM Peeps,

I’m a few weeks into flowering in a 4x4 tent, RDWC, 6” exhaust fan and filter, HLG 600 RSpec. My humidity is about 55% with the lights on and then spikes when they go off. I’m assuming I need a dehumidifier in the tent, but all the ones I see online are rated for hundreds or thousands of square feet—much more than 16 sq ft!! Is there a good way to accomplish this?

@dbrn32
@Myfriendis410

there are small dehumidifiers available on Amazon do you keep your exhaust fan on when lights are out

The most effective way to manage is by controlling the environment in the room your tent is in. “Lung room”

2 Likes

Vivosun has an affordable option meant for tents.

1 Like

I suspect you’re seeing rh climb because temp is dropping with lights off. Also wondering if you are keeping your exhaust running even when light is off?

3 Likes

@Underthestairs and @dbrn32 are right on.
Better to dehumidify the room your drawing fresh air from than the tent itself also keeping your exhaust fans running at lights out should get you in the ball park :v:

2 Likes

Thanks Dave. I had my exhaust fan and light on the same timer–I now have the fan running 24/7.

1 Like

Thanks @Watt-Sun @dbrn32 @Underthestairs ! I had the exhaust fan and light on the same timer. The fan is now independent and running 24/7. The tent is in my basement which is about 2,000 ft². The typical RH of the basement is about 55%…not sure what it would take to manage that.

2 Likes

Keeping fan on should help with large increases you were seeing at least a little. If you want to drop rh of your basement much lower than 55% you would likely need large fairly efficient unit. I have 70 pint Frigidaire that I can maintain 50% with, but every place could be a little different.

3 Likes

Similar for me. I use a large one because we use it as an auxillary living space. No musty basement angel in the downstairs furniture

@RH_PH you can’t increase your exhaust any more? What does it spike to?

Agreed!!!