Decided to grow an ILGM OGKush auto on my porch

@Dforce @OGIncognito @Fieldofdreams After much research I have decided to mist the entire plant in Isopropyl 1/10 Distilled water. Letting it sit overnight and will rinse in straight water tomorrow. I will watch it for a few days, but am going to prepare to clean and harvest it sooner than later of needed. I cant find it. I will try with the loupe tomorrow

3 Likes

Good call, good luck, and keep us posted. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

EXACTLY!!

2 Likes

Capt is the obky thing i can think. @Covertgrower can u hekp out brother

3 Likes

Seeing the black specs and a closer up of the white spectacles it doesn’t look like Thrips but would like to see a close up of those black specs :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@FromTheSoil I don’t see any evidence of thrips, and I’ve had them. Looks good from here, but if you’re still suspicious, stay vigilant and continue looking for pests. I do anyways on all my plants.

3 Likes

@Dforce @OGIncognito @Fieldofdreams @Covertgrower @SilvaBack203

1 Like

That was tonight a day after the alcohol 1/10 water soak.

Is it just one plant?
How close to harvest?
You can try CJDB or, another round with the alcohol, maybe a little stronger, 9 to 1. It may take many day’s to get rid of them.
If you have weeks to go you can try lady bugs, I’ve let 3000 of them go in my greenhouses in the last 2 weeks, but im just starting flower.

2 Likes

Looking like spider mites? Keep up the treatment :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

:point_up_2: I turn these assassins loose as well :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I’ve thought about those, but have heard they will bite you as well lol. Sound pretty viscous. I do release green lacewing larvae too but, not to many seem to make it.

2 Likes

Those are in fact thrips. Much better pictures than last time.
Captain Jacks dead bug has never failed me yet.

4 Likes

@Dforce @OGIncognito @Covertgrower @Fieldofdreams @SilvaBack203

After 2 nights of 1/10 alcohol soaks she is still standing. I read that most of these microscopic pests have a 3-5 day life and spawn cycle. And that even killing them now the eggs will hatch in a few days and re-infest the plant. Before I go to Captain Jack’s, in a day or two I am going to hit it with a stronger dose of alcohol to water ratio and take it from there. I feel that although the alcohol will dissolve some THC, it is cleaner and easier to get off the plant most evaporates pretty quickly on its own. All it needs is a good rinse at harvest. And I am hoping that a few more weeks in the sun will cause her to replace some trics and sap I lost in the process. Thinking about letting a pack of lady bugs loose on my outside plants after this next alcohol treatment, thanks.

2 Likes

It is on that Og Kush, a GSC, and a Haze. I have 2 other plants outside not affected.
The gsc

Critical mass not affected

Og kush not affected

Amnesia haze

And the og kush

1 Like

Do a thorough inspection, and see if you see anything moving, if not, give them a day break, then spray again for the ones that hatch. Then spray every couple days for a couple more times. They are a pain to get rid of. Your going to want to watch all of them till the end.

1 Like

I am also on the fence, about just chopping the one thats almost ripe before any more damage can be done. Difficult decision. She is 92 days.

1 Like

Definitely an option

1 Like

I am going to check her trichomes tomorrow. This was over a week ago.

1 Like

If there all cloudy go fo it, should be good.

1 Like