Deceptive billing from MSNL seeds

Beware of MSNL seeds. I decided to buy some seeds from MSNL. Seemed like a good deal, but come to find out the shipping was $17 which is bad, but I decided to go with it, and then my card ended up being charged $7 more on top of that. I contacted them and they said their banks in china, and the extra charges were the exchange rate. They don’t say anything about that at check out. I told them that is deceptive, and they told me tough shit. Ended up not being a good deal. Even though ILGM is more expensive, I will use them from now on. Wish I would have this time now.

3 Likes

Thank you for posting this. I literally have an internet tab open looking through their stock right now. Looks like I’m staying with ILGM. Others that are overseas won’t accept cards that don’t have 3d verification, either. Declining payment is inconvenient, but additional, unknown charges is a no-no.

4 Likes

Submit a challenge to your CC company. If you’ve been wronged, have evidence, and you’ve reached out to the company and they declined a dispute resolution, then most times the CC company will resolve it for you and credit your account with the balance of the dispute. You can do it online in 10 minutes in most cases.

1 Like

They’ve already shipped them.

Doesn’t matter to the CC company if you can show fraud. The only sticking point I can see as a possibility is that it was with a foreign company.

2 Likes

This is so true.
A little known bit of info. They can reverse charges at will and will almost always side with you the customer. I had an ebay sale of almost 100 bucks reversed and I had every bit evidence of the order. He said he didnt order it and it was taken back.

1 Like

I’ve done this a handful of times in my years and the CC company literally always took my side. A couple of times they took my side even when details were lacking.

The fact that you’ve reached out to the seller without results is a very effective fact in the eyes of the CC companies.

2 Likes

Ive Purchased twice from with no problem and they do mention the possible extra charges in thier info.

3 Likes

I am impressed with ILGM seeds and site support. Understand price is an issue but, PRIZE products with no worry time or time out are worth the premium. Kentucky Derby 2023 planned entry.

2 Likes

I gotta put in a plug for North Atlantic Seed Co…
Excellent selection of breeders and strains, TOP NOTCH freebies - often times you’ll get freebies from breeders and you always get them from NASC! their business is owned by Americans and operates of of Maine, USA!
payment is a little weird because of banking laws, you order from NASC and you’ll get an email from a sister company to complete the order. No hidden fees and payment is secure. I’ve had 3 different orders filled with zero issues.
The best part is I get my order in 3-4 days, not the 3-4 weeks I’ve had from overseas banks on occasion. My quickest delivery from ILGM has been 2+ weeks.

I’d be hard pressed to buy seeds from a Chinese company, though I did buy Peyote cactus seeds from Thailand! LOL!

Best of Luck to you!!

2 Likes

I understand all that, just think they should inform you at time of checkout exactly what you’ll be billed.

1 Like

Exactly! When you hit that button IMHO it’s a contract - the price on the screen is what I’ve agreed upon, not some extra bullkitty!

1 Like

Just checked them out. Damn I wish I’d of used them. I will next time. I’ll be surprised if I get my order from MSNL since I complained.

1 Like

I’ve been very happy with the genetics and the service! The whole operation is top notch in my book!
I always check out the breeder freebies page before i go shopping too.
Some of the breeders allow you to pick your own freebies even! (Of the freebies available at least)
It really has the feel of a mom and pop kinda company.
Hell, they even offer curbside pick-up if you’re in the area! LOL!

I hope everything works out for you man!!

3 Likes

Just for the facts thier seeds dont come from China. They may use a Chinese bank but thier seeds come from Amsterdam. I have shopped a lot of seed banks overseas and have not found one that did not have a disclaimer reguarding this. Its international contract law, its in there somewhere. Just have to read the fine print.

2 Likes

@Tylersays good to know! Im in the upper east coast as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. They’ll get my next order.

@Audiofreak well yeah, I get that, but I don’t remember any of my Seedsman, Herbies or Royal Queen orders going through a Chinese bank . France yeah, but not China.
My faster overseas orders are when I don’t pay with US dollars but Euros instead.
One of my orders shipped from basically a convenience store post office outside of London and I got it in less than a week! I street viewed the address - and it was a post office! Which is what it said it was! LOL!

@Khaos850 I love NASC! I really like ILGMs genetics too, but I gotta want to really stock up when ordering from ILGM as the best deals are the 10 4 10 and I just don’t really need 20 beans of 1 strain atm…
I’m in Virginia and get that turn around, probably faster up north! I placed an order on a Monday morning before noon and got my tracking number that afternoon and by midnight they were on the road! They were here Thursday.
TBH I still have placed more orders with ILGM than any other bank so far.
But for more exotic fare I’ll definitely be shopping NASC first!
They got some killer shit over there! :rofl:

1 Like

You may find it impossible to do any business in europe without dealing with the Chinese banks at least indirectly.

1 Like

I bet if you READ thier (intire) web site it is in there disclosures. I knew about it, called my bank and they confirmed the transaction fee would be added on in europe but my bank wouldn’t charge me a fee.