Decent grow light for 36” x 20” x 62”

HLG 100 V2 4000K Horticulture Lighting Group Quantum Board LED Grow Light Veg & Bloom | Version 2 High-Efficiency Upgraded Samsung LM301B LED’s for

Good ?
YAY or Nay?

I will pull the trigger Friday the 8th, if I get some nods.

Thanks,
SatchBoogie

1 Like

Good Morning @SatchBoogie i will tag the light expert for you. He can guide you in the right direction!! @dbrn32 can you advise @SatchBoogie in the best light.

Is that a 36x20x62 tent? Who makes it? I’m looking for a clone mother tent. Also a couple more light experts tagged for you. @Nicky @Hellraiser

1 Like

It’s a good light.

4000k lights are generally considered veg light.

It will still grow buds, it just doesn’t have much red in the spectrum so in flower its not as effecent but intensity is more important than spectrum so its still a good light.

If you can get a 3000k v2 ide recommend that.

1 Like

This is the one I have

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Hydroponic-Observation-Window-Growing/dp/B0716BK1KD/?tag=greenrel-20

I built the light i run in ky tent. About 160 watts of 560mm strips from cutter. Imo the hlg-100 isn’t big enough.

3 Likes

Thanks, @Nicky. Not to hijack this thread, but Mrs. Newt has approved a 2nd 2x4 tent for veg/clones. So my plan is to get the AC Infinity 2X4 tent and make it my flower tent. I also ordered an HLG 260W rspec for that tent, along with the 6" AC Infinity exhaust and filter. I will then turn my 2x4 Spider-Farmer into the veg tent with its current SF-2000. And my plan is to connect the ventilation for the 2 tents together, if the 6" is sufficient, or user the current 4" in the veg, and the 6" in the flower.

1 Like

A 6inch will be able to handle two 2x4’s. Just run it at max setting. Unless you need to drop it to maintain Temps.

1 Like
  • Quantum Board LED Grow Light with Samsung LM301B LEDs. Actual Power consumption 95Watts.
  • Veg Footprint 3’X3’, Flowering Footprint 2’X2’
  • 4000K White Light Full Spectrum for Vegging, Greens and Suppliment light
  • Equivalent to 220W T5 or 300W CFL output or 200W metal halide

Specs on HLG 100 V2 4000K Horticulture Lighting Group Quantum Board LED Grow Light Veg & Bloom | Version 2 High-Efficiency Upgraded Samsung LM301B LED’s
So I need something bigger for this tent? AC Infinity CLOUDLAB 632 Advance Grow Tent, Thicker 1 in. Poles with Higher Density 2000D Diamond Mylar Canvas, Controller Mount for Hydroponics Indoor Growing, 36” x 20” x 62”?

3000k v2 what brand is that? HLG as well? I’m a 1st timer here so I don’t know.

Thanks,
SatchBoogie

I’m only growing 2 plants atm. But the HLG 100 V2 4000K is a good investment?

yes or no?

Thanks,
SatchBoogie

Growing two White widow auto. Using tent for smell.

Thanks,
SatchBoogie

1 Like

I’m growing 1 WWA now in my 36" x 24" x 53" tent.
I’ve probably done it all wrong but this is what I have.
https://www.amazon.com/James-Dimmable-Spectrum-Coverage-Reflector/dp/B08VNKTDRN/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_rp_c_2_6/139-7841327-9632454?pd_rd_w=csBdj&pf_rd_p=ed7432a7-5bfd-4aea-a57f-bcb3545eb697&pf_rd_r=9E2AZ495313484KB60SF&pd_rd_r=6aa81779-3abf-45ef-bf12-c09632570f7a&pd_rd_wg=FVLnU&pd_rd_i=B08VNKTDRN&psc=1?tag=greenrel-20
This is one the top of my tent, and then I got these:

Which I have mounted on both sides of my tent.
150W of light on top & 100W from each side for a total of 350W of light for my tent.
I think I paid $145 or less for all lights including shipping.
I’m happy with what I got and how it is working so far.
It is kind of like flying in a blue dream. :+1: :sunglasses:

That CD happens to be my favorite BTW. Good reference material. How did you manage to hang all three along with the other gear? Fan/ Filter etc? I have two plants in a small growing enclosure, but realized I’d outgrow sooner or later. Thanks for the advice!

SatchBoogie

1 Like

2 on the sides gives room on top for fan/filter.

My 1 WWA pretty much fills my tent.

The LEDs on the sides hit the lower buds on my WWA and still cover my plants on both sides of her.
Then an Autopot is worth your investment in it. I got this, which works for me in my tent.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00139NDWE?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details?tag=greenrel-20
It would likely work well for your 2 plants and is cheap for $100.
It would be worth every penny, IMHO.

Wow , nice setup. I was going for the one light. That self watering kit looks cool, but I already have mine in 3 gallon bags. This is my 1st time growing plants indoors, basically I have “severe” sleep apnea and I am still waiting on a cpap machine since June 6th.I realized I could help myself with mother nature with a full basement with lots of storage closet space. I want to a tent to kill smell etc. I’m going to be spending about 385 bucks with all the gear all at once, but the thing everyone says here is GET A GOOD LIGHT! So I asked . I wanted to make sure the light will fit and is not too hot and can handle veg/flower stages. If and when I can upgrade later. They have suggested HLG lights. I was trying to find lights that replace “HPS” for around 240w. I found a decent light maybe this Mars Hydro.
MARS HYDRO TS 1000W Led Grow Light 3x3ft Coverage Upgraded Daisy Chain Dimmable Full Spectrum Grow Lamps for Indoor Plant LED Grow Hydroponic Growing Light with 342 LEDs Thermometer Hygrometer Timer * HIGH EFFICIENCY WHITE LED LIGHT: Newest SMD LED technology provide highest PAR/LUMEN output, designed to replace a single-ended 250watt HPS; MARS HYDRO TS 1000W Plants Growing lamp makes you get 30% higher yield compare OLD blurple led lights, Max 2.0g yield per wattage (power draw)

I dunno, I think this might suit my needs and it’s 127 bucks on sale usually 149.

Thanks,
SatchBoogie

I’m pumping out 350W of light for about that same price.

I don’t think this is enough light for your tent.

So are mine. They fit right in those pots.

So I would need 2 of those lights vs 1 , then?

Thanks,
SatchBoogie

The MarsHydro is a good light. I put my old 600 up against a SF1000 and it blowed it away with PPFD and DLI readings :love_you_gesture: you definitely can’t go wrong with an HLG, running the 300 RSPEC and love it

If you’re gonna get 2 then you might as well just a hlg 300 or 260 xl if you don’t mind assembling it