Decarboxylating bubble hash

So I made a bunch of bubble hash for my wife she loves it but now wants to use it for edibles I’m looking for the best way to decarboxylate it what will happen if I put it in foil and put it in the oven at recommend temps for decarbing weed

1 Like

Use a Paper bag you will do better. If you can get one a silicone box works great.

Im worried that’s if I heat the hash it will turn to Goo and stick to paper

1 Like

I know how to carboxylate weed just wondering if anyone has done it to hash in the oven

1 Like

It will a bit But for the most part it’s dry and sticky

I smash it with hot plats then Decobox the wax.

So if I’m going to make cannabutter how much hash to how much butter

2 Likes

I am not sure I use an Oz of bud to make mine… I would think with Hash you would need a lot less then that…
I would start at 1/4 1st to see how it was then go from there. just me.

If you have flower; use that for making butter. I normally make kief before I decarb and make butter with the remainder.

1 Like

I have a bunch of bubble hash and my wife loves it but she wanted me to make her some brownies I don’t have any trimmings left to use for cannabutter thought I’d try using the hash

1 Like

If you’re unsure of how to much hash to use for budder, this would be a great time to experiment with varying amounts and find out what works best for you! I don’t know exactly HOW much bubble hash you have, but maybe start with 10g of hash into a 1/2 pound of unsalted clarified butter and see how that treats you. If it’s too weak, up the dose.

1 Like

I might do 5 gr to a pound of butter … if its really good hash… :wink: at least that would be my starting point… :grin:

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

So how would you decarboxylate it ? @peachfuzz @Kalverra
Has anyone decarboxylated bubble hash in the oven

I have never decarbed hash before, but after some searching, and what makes sense to me, this should work:

Get an oven-safe glass container, place hash in there, cover with aluminum foil, preheat to 245 degrees or if you have convect on your oven, use that! (ALways use that for decarbing) do so for 30 minutes, take out, let it cool and don’t open the aluminum foil until it’s cool. Congrats, it’s decarbed.

Also, because the heat is so low, the worse you might get is a slight paste-like substance depending on the quality

1 Like

Thought about using glass dish I might do that tonight I’ll take pictures before and after

2 Likes

I would think that melting the butter would decarb it… I’ve never tried to use hash before… :wink:

I see a lot of debate between old school and new school so to speak. A lot lot of the older generation always said they used to make their butter without decarbing it and it would always work, others say they can’t feel anything without decarbing. While the process of infusing a fat (butter, Coconut oil, olive oil, etc) with THC does decarb it to a degree, the actual decarbing process we use now in the oven will activate the psychoactive compound in THC more efficiently making it far more potent.

1 Like

I decarb my trim in the oven and then make stuff out of it… but I’m pretty sure that butter simmers above 240 deg and I decarb at 210 so I figured it wouldn’t hurt to try… :wink:

1 Like

2 Likes

Hello @Sound2 welcome to the forum. Quick question… how did you necro a 5 year old post I’ve never seen for your first post? Bravo good sir or maam. Bravo

2 Likes