Decarboxylated CannaCapsules

when I harvest and manicure, I will leave the smallest leaves around the buds…the sugary small leaves…and collect them as I smoke with the kief that falls off. that’s what was used for this project.

sorry for not having exact weights, it was just an ounce or so and put in a tin foil tent, crimped on the edges to seal it

the oven was pre heated to 225F and the package was heated/baked for 20 minutes, taken out and allowed to cool while the oven is heated to 240F. Place the package back in the oven to bake another 40 minutes, take it out and allow to cool.Leave it sealed in the foil to preserve any aroma, the terpenes, from evaporating away.

I ground up the cooked pot and put it in capsules, a slow process but tolerable when medicated…picking out any twigs and sticks. I cheaped out at Amazon and got the 00 size caps at $13 instead of the 000 size caps at $25

there are 77 cannacaps…I would have gotten 12 cookies so 6+ caps is one cookie. I will try them out later on, after I wake up a little more :wink:

@Countryboyjvd1971 @darren @Coltfire @BIGE @Nug-bug

15 Likes

Love to hear how those work for you . I have tried making butter twice and both time it worked but I couldn’t get past the shitty flavor and ended up tossing it and going back to the bong . So please follow up as I will just grind a oz of cola tops if this works for you.

5 Likes

this is the kind of experiment I will follow through on, over and over, testing it out for all of you.
I hope it’s more successful than making cannabutter, there is no waste or residue left behind.

4 Likes

@kabongster I love this idea and hope it works out great
Please keep me informed on the results brother
I’m looking into less noticeable ways to medicate
And with my back acting up more and more I need to smoke more
How did you load each capsule just by pushing it in?
You’ll need to make some sort of capsule stand to make filling easier :grin::+1:

2 Likes

a quick reply…yes, by hand, one cap at a time…pack the larger side, fill the other part and put together.

the caps are loosely connected, easy to pop apart, slow but not back breaking to fill, easy to put together, shove together and they stay shut.

there are capsule filling accessories available

and sorry for forgetting a few tags to others interested…I will add them soon

5 Likes

@kabongster how many cap’s are you taking àt once ,and please tag for end result,

2 Likes

we may need to get you an electric grinder @kabongster,lol good work !!

3 Likes

Smart thinking.

2 Likes

great source of fiber? @kabongster

3 Likes

today wasn’t the best day for testing…real busy and I was in a groggy tired cloud from prescription pills…tomorrow will be the test I’m looking forward to :wink:

4 Likes

looking forward to the results,i’ve chewed on bud before,but it would be good to measure intake…i know it works lol

3 Likes

I tried 4 capsules. After an hour, I was disappointed there wasn’t much of anything. Minutes later, it started. It was a pleasant level social high, not incapacitating.

The effect wasn’t as strong as my cookies, but I am comparing two different strengths of THC.
My cookies were made from 3/4 - 1 oz of small buds from a previous harvest.
The capsules are from 3/4 - 1 oz small resin covered leaves surrounding the bud.
I am positive my cookies were made from a stronger source of THC.

The effect feels different to me between eating and smoking.
Edibles go from not working to your high, maybe too high all at once, a personal thing what each person can handle. Dosage has to be considered ahead of time.
Smoking starts working quicker and you add to it and stop when comfortable.

I will finish the made capsules off trying varying amounts and let you all know how increasing the number taken works :wink:

7 Likes

How long did they provide relief?

How about 3 wait an hour or so then 2 more as a dose?

3 Likes

Okay…I’ll try that out…but as my day goes on, I take pharmaceuticals, they muddy my opinion for you all…these were taken at 10AM, started working 11:10AM and I didn’t feel I needed to add to it for 3 hours.

5 Likes

I used my Magic Bullet to grind my sugar leaves/trim for my cannacoconut butter, it worked like a charm!

7 Likes

today was a great day to experiment so I took 5 cannacapsules and an hour or so later I felt better lying down for a half hour. I did go through a canna burp phase :laughing: , too, keeping my fingers crossed it doesn’t progress…or digress?

We had family members visiting, showed up a few hours after ingestion…I felt comfortably medicated 3-4 hours, not too high sitting mumbling to myself, not too low looking for my bong.

Next batch will be from Northern Lights small buds and after that Gold Leaf…I want to try cannacapsules made from a more concentrated source of THC to see how much more potent they can potentially become and a version for sleep.

12 Likes

Thanks so much for putting yourself on the line to give us proper feedback😉

4 Likes

Great info! Keep up the good work.
:+1::beer::smiley:

3 Likes

Just a thought, what about adding a B12 vitamin to the capsules? Maybe it would speed up the process… ? Like a cheleating agent. :thinking:

Any chemists or pharmacists out there?

3 Likes

Thanks @kabongster , I want to make some up myself this week , thought I would use some of the purple head ,its got a nice stone to it and not to over the top for day time.

3 Likes