Decarboxylate dry weed trimmings?

Have couple oz’s good trimmings, i think i try it to do My Kitchen Rules comp. :smile:
Trimmings are mmm… dried and somehow cured too (3-4 months in plastic bag).
Thats what confuse my is my TITLE “Decarboxylate dry weed trimmings?”

And how reasonable is that :
“What you need to do is soak it in distilled water for 24-48 hours, changing the water every 12 hours, then blanch it to finalize the step which is putting it in boiling water for five minutes and then shocking it back to reality in ice water for a minute,” he says.

“This process leaches out the chlorophyll and any other impurities that might be in there, which can make for a bad tasting butter.”

Can this method wipe out kief on my trimmings ? Thats what im afraid of. Can i do just Decarboxylating and then just simmer 3-4 hours in french pot ?

1 Like

All’s you do is put your trim in the oven on 210 degrees for 30 min… that’s it… then make your butter or oil… :wink:
All of the other stuff you mentioned sounds like a bunch of nonsense… :wink:
I’ve never had any issues with the way I explained… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

@peachfuzz

Is it worth it to use fan leaves also or just sugar leaves?

@beginner2d

I’m with @peachfuzz Decarb like he said and then follow what ever recipe you have.

@SilentHippie Just the sugar leaves (anything with trichomes is fine)

4 Likes

210C or 210F?

210c =410f so im guessing Fahrenheit:

1 Like

No I think you want to slow cook them. I’m no expert but I think it’s 210F not C

3 Likes

Just below boiling. Which def. Means not 200c

1 Like

210 degrees Fahrenheit …sorry about that…:wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks, just begin with that :rofl:

Sorry I’m just seeing this but the easiest way to decarb

3 Likes

If you have a vacuum sealer.

2 Likes

First i do some 105 C in oven about 30-60 min.
Then i let all cool down and then…
I get my 72%butter and almost boiling temperatuure i boil 3hours?24h?100min?
@peachfuzz
@bob31
@Tylan
@HighDesertFarmer
@Fever
Then i strain this and get my 2 TIMES DECARB? cannaoil /butter.
Is this RIGHT way to do it?

And can I Use stems for boiling?

Or i must decarb them too. I pick stems put because i have a feeling they burn more and tase goes sh17. Its my gut feeling.

I always did crockpot on low or boiled for a few hours on stove adding water a few times. Butter also had to be melted in the water of course during the boiling process.
You then take the entire mixture and strain through fine cheesecloth into a glass bowl. Let it cool a bit then cover and put in fridge overnight. In the morning all the fat (butter) rises to the top and is a solid chunk, this is your butter for baking. The water beneath the solid butter is dark green and nasty beneath it. I toss this in the garden.

I do not decarboxylate as I do a long cure or make hash.

As for the stems, take those and soak it in kettleone or some greygoose for 6 months. Crack open and take shots.

2 Likes

Same way like i do. Crock /cheesc,etc. Nice. But that stem thing is new :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Lbs 82% butter and 3 oz leaf trim.
Pretty nice high.
Trimms was dekiefed first, but really high is nice.
How many times can cannaJane plant used.
Bud, kief from trimmings, trimmings to edibles. I vaporize Jane too. Then i get in vaporizer wax. Huh. How many nice ways. Uhh. So high.

Nice sleep was today. Yeah. Not a once i wake up in Night.

Another one bite a dust. :smile:

1 Like