Decarb help for cannabutter

Getting ready to cut one of my girls by the end of the week. I plan to make cannabutter with all clippings. Do I have to decarb for cannabutter? I see some do some don’t and some don’t mention it. Also do the clippings and such need to be dried or can they be froze for a day or two then ground down and made into cannabutter.

I think you should let everything dry out before making canna butter, otherwise it will taste awful.

Yes, you need to decarb before making the butter. Just a half hour at 240°F will do it.

2 Likes

Will do. Thank you@raustin

Interesting. I’ve always frozen my trimmings directly. Then when needed I decarb @240 deg for an hour or until dry. Then crumbled, put in butter/h20…etc etc. I’ve never noticed it tasting terrible.

1 Like

Really? I would think it would taste rather grassy, but we all have our own ways of doing things. Personally, I love the taste of weed in my baked goods, but most people don’t.

2 Likes

It just tastes like weed. :grinning:

I only discovered adding water two years ago. Hell, 15 years ago I wasn’t even straining the butter. :nauseated_face:

I like the ease of just putting it in ziplock bags, freezing it, and pulling it out as necessary. There’s usually far too much at harvest, and making 10lbs of butter at once is just an ordeal.

1 Like

Yes, I agree completely. I never know what to do with all the clippings right away. I don’t feel like making butter after I’ve just spent the day trimming, so I leave it all in my trim bin to dry first. I’ve never thought about freezing it for butter.

1 Like

I let it dry, then freeze it if I won’t use it immediately.

And if you use coconut oil instead of butter you will get more out it the Cannabis clings to the oil better to hit the spots you want it to hit in the mind body and soul here is a great Recipe are use a sous vide cooker and it is by far the strongest medicine I’ve ever made

When done correctly, this recipe will take 10 days

First you must decarboxylate your raw material. Use the whole plant minus the roots. This will give you the highest medicinal effect.

Heat oven to 200-212 degrees. Put desired plant material in a mason jar and seal the top. Put jar in oven for 45 minutes.
After decarboxylation remove from oven and let it cool over night. This will allow the terpenes to absorb into the plant material.

Fill this jar with Organic Coconut Oil. Fill to the top of the jar covering all the plant material.
Cook in a water bath at 118 degrees for 5 days. Stir occasionally.
Remove from water bath and filter Coconut Oil. Squeeze the material to remove all the oil.
Re-fill the jar with new oil and heat for an additional 3 days. Remove from water bath and filter.

Now add Sunflower liquid Lecithin. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to one cup of coconut oil.

This can be used as an oral or topical solution. Enjoy.

2 Likes