Deb's 1st indoor, various strains, 🤗 awesome fun

Germination rate sometimes varies according to temperature. I have put seeds in paper towels on top of my cable box and they used to sprout faster. I cut the cable a while back so I no longer have that option.

3 Likes

I have some GG seeds but haven’t dropped any yet. I was intrigued enough to get the seeds, of which I have way too many of :rofl:

5 Likes

No such thing :v::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Thanks @Aussie_autos
Am so happy I found this forum and am amazed at the kindness and support from everyone.
Will definitely keep updating considering it’s my 1st grow with Autos so I have a lot to learn.
Have 1 wonky bub. 1 Mango germinated looking decidedly weird so that should be interesting. Guessing it may be due to a bit of dried seed pod on leaf early on. Not sure.

3 Likes

Ur welcome debb just have fun growing ur babies just try not to micro manage your grow as you will end up with problems im just talking from experience as long as your ph is between 5.5-6.0 u should be right there if u are goin to do organics thats great u dont tend to get many problems not to say ur not goin to have problems cause everyone does run into some sort of problem now ur humidity forcur seedlings should be 60-70% or a little higher and that should be good for the veg stage aswell and when it comes to flowering ur humidity should be 50% ,now if ur doin bottled nutrients ur ppm for seedlings should be around 150-200 ppm for veg it should be around 350-400 ppm early flower will be around 600-750 midflower 800-950 and the last few weeks of flower 1100-1200 ppm if u dont have a ppm meter i would get one

1 Like

Wow thanks @Aussie_autos appreciate the info heaps. Some gadgets haven’t arrived yet via mail.
This is Day 3

5 Likes

Thankyou for the welcome @Flitme
Amazing people in here and it’s great to have people to discuss our grow with :wink:

2 Likes

Light requirements study is pretty great

3 Likes

Thanks heaps @Flitme
Am amazed at how awesome everyone in here is and have learnt heaps just reading on forum over past month or so.
Looking forward to learning more and growing some super indoor strains. Hopefully

2 Likes

Absolutely like minded people helping like minded people!! You can’t beat it!
:blush::v:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! There is really some amazing people here on this forum that will help you with whatever you need and will do their best to insure you don’t fail :slight_smile: I am growing GG autos right now, but im only 24 days in. I hope the best for you.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community
:smiley:

1 Like

They are looking great

DAY 3 - wrap up
24/10/21 - seedlings had a 4 hour nap with dome on and no light last night.
Sneaky buggers were covered with a black cloth but over the 4 hour nap period still lent towards the light on the germinating seeds 2 foot away. Amazing. Obviously need a thicker cover for nap time my black dress is insufficient.:laughing: Not sure if they need a nap? They corrected within an hour once their light was turned on.
Light change today.
Changed to VB1000. Why? I felt the cheaper unbranded light was not providing adequate required spectrum. I noticed this while growing sunflowers and think the cheaper lights, although they state 2000 are not sufficient for cannabis but ok for lettuce.
VB1000 had to be raised higher and light strength lowered to 80%. (Reminder to self, YouTube video on light required saved under Plants to watch again and the following 2 videos by same scientist)
Will continue light 20 on 4 off only for seedlings today although do think 24/24 would be ok.
Maybe ask the guys in forum.
Ungerminated seeds remain in enclosed propagation unit on heat pad under light until germinated.
Noticed 1 Gorilla Glue seed has commenced germination. No touching it yet it remains in germination section. Although did dampen seed pod with spray bottle as it was on leaves that were trying to pop out. Not removed as both leaves remain enclosed. No current action on other seeds.
Both seedlings and seeds remain on heat pads 24/24.
Seedlings required a bit of water spray placed lightly on soil and around outside of cup and on leaves. Water spray bottle kept on heat pad near seedlings so water is correct temp.
Mango 2 - looking a bit mental with one scarred leaf maybe due to seed pod that was firmly stuck to it and removed once dampened with wet plastic tweezers stated date it was removed previously in journal.
Pineapple Kush no 2 also required seed pod removal via dampening method and also has yellow discolouration on that leaf. NOTE to investigate if this issue is due to such quick germination or drying of pod. Didn’t have this issue outdoors.
Next time utilise the wet paper towel germination method same as I do with sunflowers.
Might start measuring daily growth.
Ok tallest On DAY 3 is Pineapple Kush no 1 with 3rd leaves showing thismorning 45mm. Smallest is of course mental Mango not bothering measuring that.
3rd leaves also showing on both Strawdawgies and 2 Bluedreams.
Temp 39.5 degrees humidity 19%. This humidity won’t be correct for the actual seedlings as the humidity would be higher in the plastic cup with dampened soil. They aren’t under dome just light and seem to be motoring on. Heat pad working well.
Slowest of seedlings are deformed Mango and a Bluedream. Strawdawg is catching up and wasn’t a choice purchase but free seeds as were Gorilla Glue. Free is good.:partying_face:

Ok I am totally hooked and this is a fun blast.
Have only grown Afghan large scale outdoors before but this is heaps more fun especially due to forum input, kindness & acceptance.
At 57 I am getting to old to dig hundreds of holes anymore that’s done and dusted and disappeared with my ex. Should of replaced both outdoors and him with this fun lots earlier.
:rofl::joy: Happy Growing to all

4 Likes

Hey debb you have got this just be patient and all ur hard work and effort u put in will have a good pay off at the end here at the community we are here to help each other if we can but as far as ur seedlings go you can do 20/4 or u can leave ur light for 24 hours if wanted to . Just have fun with growing its so relaxing

2 Likes

I like to use a semi hydroponic system using pumice. It’s much easier and less work required for germination and growing in vegetative stage. Literally, water once a week.

3 Likes

7 days now for most including Pineapple Kush, Mango, Strawdawg, 6 days for Strawdawg No 2 & 3. and Bluedream 2.
Watered after photos were taken.
Mental Mango has recovered nicely as has the Pineapple Kush that were impacted by seed pod.
Under light on heat pad, receiving some fan during day.
Preparing 7 gallon pots tomorrow

4 Likes

Gorilla Glue germination 28/10/21

3 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

1st Nov. 21. Bubs are going ok.
Gorilla Glue is battling through germination and way behind others. Bubblegum also slow to germinate.
Deformed Mango has motored through and caught up to others.
Prepared 5 gallon fabric pots and 1 x 10 gallon with soil in pot soaked in bathtub for days then drained and now set up awaiting transplant after sitting for a week. Smell was potent and pretty bloody awful. :face_vomiting:
Rest of pots to be filled with soil over next 2 days. 5, 7 & 10 gallon.
10 gallon fabric pots set aside for Strains stated as tallest and most robust.
Maybe Grandaddy Purple Fem, Purple Punch?
Purple strain seeds haven’t arrived yet.
Can’t purchase Fox farms or any cannabis soil here so mixed my own and hopeful it is ok.
Soil a mix of good quality potting soil no slow release fertiliser, perlite, vermiculite, bagged compost, blood and bone, charcoal, peat moss, mushroom compost,
Soil is light with runoff water in bath ph 5.9.

Trying to drill holes to hang lights from concrete walls was a nightmare. Setting up spare room is going to be more difficult than I thought. All concrete walls. Back to hardware today to find different attachments and drill bit to penetrate bloody concrete. Gees :exploding_head:
It is difficult without manual help to set up room and I cannot ask either of my sons just have to get it done alone.
Just need to set first section up and daisy chain lights which will give me 3 weeks to set up 2nd section.
Lights SF 1000, 2000 VP 1000, 2000

So at the moment strains started are- Pineapple Kush AF, Mango AF, Bluedream AF, Gorilla Glue AF, Bubblegum F,
Seeds on way - Purple Hulk A, Bluetooth AF, Northern Storm AF, THC Bomb F, Grandaddy Purple F, Purple Punch F, Purple Afghani Kush F,
All awesome fun apart from concrete walls

4 Likes