Deb's 1st indoor, various strains, 🤗 awesome fun

First time posting so unsure if I have done this correctly. Basically copied this from my grow journal and added questions down the bottom of this post.
@Carpenter tagged you as you were the first to say hi on this unreal forum.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

18/10/21 Tap water left in bowl for 24 hrs removing any chlorine. Cap full of hydrogen peroxide solution 3% added.
19/10/21 Seeds added to clear plastic cup of water solution.
Nearly all seeds opened apart from 2 Gorilla Glue and 1 Bubblegum
20/10/21 Jiffy pots soaked in water and a cap of rooting gel, mixed.
Seed raising soil mixed with some vermiculite and lightly watered.
Soil mixture added to clear plastic cups and a drained broken soaked (as above) jiffy added where seed is being placed.
Provided draining etc by using a small sharp knife to penetrate base and a few in sides of each cup.
Seeds planted with each cup name tagged.
Placed in propagation unit on a heat pad which has a towel underneath and over it prior to placing propagation unit on it.
Grow light started.
21/10/21 within 24hrs the following have germinated-
1 x Gorilla Glue
1 x Pineapple Kush
1 x Bubblegum

34 hours since placing in soil. Pineapple Kush has powered through although still a bit of seed on leaf. Will monitor and if necessary in 6 hours dampen and carefully remove with damp plastic tweezers.
After 6 hours dripped some water on seed pod stuck to Pineapple Kush seedling. Removed gently with damp plastic tweezers.
Monitoring humidity 4 hourly
Seedling mix damp but not wet
Feeling positive and hoping for 100% germination.
A lot of work still needs to be done to set grow room up but there’s plenty of time yet. Weekend set aside to complete it.
23/10/21 - 2 Gorilla Glue and 1 Bubblegum have yet to pop up. Disappointed but still time. Only been nearly 3 days. Just in case have today planted 1 GG and 3 Bubblegum straight in soil no hydrogen peroxide soak this time.
Soil mix is seed raising soil and vermiculite. No soaked and broken up jiffy this time as I feel they aren’t as good as the mix I used today. I always used jiffy’s for outdoor grows for a dozen years but feel there are better products available now.
Seems like you can just sit there and watch the others grow which is awesome.
Other seedlings are looking good
Another seed germinating station set up to seperate the germinated from naughty bubs that haven’t popped up yet.
No water for seedlings today they are fine.
Watering container is an empty Parmesan cheese shaker with duct tape on inside covering the 3 holes with a small hole made in one taped hole. Water drips out perfectly for seedlings etc. Water container is kept on heat pad with germinating seeds to ensure the water is slightly warm when watering seedlings. Plastic tweezers with it.
Strains planted are - Pineapple Kush AF, Mango AF, Gorilla Glue A, Blue Dream A, Strawdawg F,
Still waiting for seed order 2 which includes-
Purple Hulk AF, THC bomb F, Bluetooth AF, Blueberry, Northern Storm AF.
Lighting is currently 24 hrs on both seedlings and ungerminated at 260mm above top of seedlings. Monitoring this closely.
Will knock this back to 20 on 4 off only for seedlings today. Ungerminated seeds remain in enclosed propagation unit on heat pad under light until germinated.
Light is unbranded 2000W 225LED

My questions-

1. Does anyone have issues germinating Gorilla Glue are they slower than other seeds?
  2. Do you guys class day 1 of grow as the day you soak seeds or the day you plant them or day they germinate so I can fix my journal?
  3. The Blueberry seeds I ordered don’t state Auto or Feminized so does that mean males are possible? Can do without the males.:wink:
    Thanks to everyone :hugs:
6 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Hi there. You will get great answers from this forum. Welcome to the community…

3 Likes

Welcome 2 1 of the best journey of ya life.
Will be watching it.

Happy growing

2 Likes
  1. I count day one is when they break soil.

2.Never tried GG but I’m sure someone here has and can answer that for you! @CoyoteCody @Low @AfgVet @Covertgrower yoh guys know anything about GG?
3. Don’t know that either.

Everything looks great Thanks for the tag!! :+1::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Thankyou so very much @beachglass
Is an awesome grow family isnt it?

Hi @SilvaBack203
Thanks heaps for your welcome. Everyone is awesome in here🥰

Thanks mate @Carpenter
Loving this and can’t wait for my girls to go crazy😜
Am setting up a full spare room so big job ahead but loving watching my bubs grow in my bedroom.
Let me know if I need to alter anything. I know you all have heaps of people to reply to so appreciate any input or tags. Thanks heaps

1 Like

23/10/21 3pm Australia

2 Likes

Some seeds germ faster, slower , or not at all that’s just nature.
Day 1 is from them breaking through the soil
If you bought it from ilgm it’s definitely feminized, most other breeders only do feminized but there’s a decent 20% out there that sell regulars.
I’d give the slow sprouted 2 more days they you can gently brush aside the soil to see if the seed was a dud. I thought my Olympia was a dud because it took 3 days longer then everyone else but look at her now

3 Likes

Wow that’s a beauty of a plant. :star_struck: Love it. Haven’t heard of that strain before will have to look it up.
Thanks for the heads up @GreenSnek on seed germination appreciate it heaps.

Nice start @Debb

I see you are enthusiastic about getting started, but I just want to warn you that you will need a ton of space and thousands of dollars of lights or an outdoor grow to do justice to that many plants. I hope you have a plan.

2 Likes

Hi @CMichGrower
Thankyou so much for your help and support. :heart_eyes:
Yes I have the lights, fabric bags 5,7 & 10 gallon depending on strain, Mylar and gadgets required etc ready just need to construct the room and purchase soil, fans, scrog net etc. Walls of room are white . Silver truck tarp to cover carpet.
Have sealed windows shut and covered them
I have a plan drawn that includes a pulley system above each plant to lower or raise as required and 8 fans to circulate air.
Lights are a number of SF 1000, 3000 & VS 1000, 2000. I have spent the past 2 months purchasing lights when on sale or during eBay auctions.
The scariest part I suppose will be trusting I can safely set up the pulley system to hang lights from roof alone as I can’t get help.

1 Like

Figure my tax return has been well spent

2 Likes

My gg did start off a bit slow but picked up fairly quick it did throw out some of the best buds I’ve grown. Gg is a real wood flower was a slower start but came out with the best product so far.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome looks like you have alot of seeds goin and good variety i wish u all the best with this grow pics and updates would be nice as ur grow comes along

1 Like

My GGs that a ran germinated the same as everything else. Idk. I’ve never seen different “behavior” in seeds. I do the peroxide and water soak for 24 hours and plant directly.

1 Like

Shouldn’t be any different.

If they are from ILGM they will be feminized, but check packaging to be sure if they’re a photoperiod.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. Lots a exceptional people here with much knowledge!! Happy Growing! :blush::v:

2 Likes