Debbie's First Shot at Seeds

Hi @DebbieM - here’s a link to my concentrates blog. The very first one is a basic qwet using only Everclear and a little patience :wink: Tag me if you have any questions! It’s super easy and you won’t believe how strong that stuff is! Approximately 750mg of THC per Gram!

Everclear here is not super cheap. I pay $45-50 for a handle.

I now use a Source Turbo (it’s pricey at $600) but if you do it enough, it reclaims about 85% of your alcohol each time so I paid for mine in about 20 runs (I’m not the best at math (especially when I first wake up LOL) but that’s about what I calculated… @blackthumbbetty can say better for sure.

The basic QWET sounds like what you want to try.

3 Likes

LOL… yeah, I’m only 115 pound lol.

3 Likes

Decarb depends on if you are making edibles or dab. I’ve heard some people decarb for their dab but I do not.

3 Likes

Yes I decarb don’t know why the pictures didn’t go through it said 100%

3 Likes

Hope they help you find the solution u r looking 4 and want

1 Like

My local store has some cheaper alternatives

Notice it says extra fine doing a shot of that will light up your insides

3 Likes

Hi Debs, I’ve been catching up on your journal. You absolutely DO NOT have any wpm. It’s all frosty nugz and trichs were they should be.
I saw someone suggested you might from these pics but I can tell you, you don’t…
Maybe that cat doesn’t know what a great looking pheno grown correctly looks like.
The plants looks real healthy so don’t change a thing.
I’m surprised your not done yet since all the seeds I started at the same time as you are already jarred up and being enjoyed amd I’m onto my next grow. So the only thing I would say is, try to prune a little bit of the largest fan leaves pointing inward towards the center of the plants to open up some air flow in the under carriage and canopy or problems like wpm and some problems you just can’t observe because of the jungle like conditions you’ve mastered and created there.
Adding more fans also will help keep problems at bay.
Also strengthens the branching.
Nice job and relax until it’s time to harvest.
And yes, it’s hard to wait, think about flipping sooner, so you can have more harvests and better breathing room for each plant thruout the grow.
I’m harvesting 4x a year now with flipping after a month above ground.
Keep up the good work and thanks for not posting me every post you do!!
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Eeewwwww… I can’t imagine drinking that! I tried a shot of Everclear when I first got it and I thought I was going to die roflmao :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I take my time flipping because A) I have the room, but B) I get a much larger harvest and I found all that weed lasts longer so I don’t have to grow so often.

I got almost 8 oz of bud, 3 oz of larf and 2 oz ounces of trim from my outdoor Acapulco Gold and the Purple Punch came in a very close second. The AG Was the last plant I put outside and the last to harvest… you can see how big I let my plants grow here:

The summer of 2021 harvest got me just under 49 oz! Don’t need to grow again for a while LOL

2 Likes

It’s so nice to hear from you! I took so long to flip them due to an infestation of fruit flies, it’s not like I did it that way on purpose. Thanks for the backup on the wpm. I even rechecked and there is nothing there, not even spilled water spots. Next grow will be autos, thanks to @Graysin so I don’t have any say for the next grow.
Keep in touch, thanks

4 Likes

Do u have bags for bubble hash.? I might have a few bags I can give u. I had doubles for a few 2 or 3 bags I believe a 220 a 160 and a 25 that would be a solid hash run for u with just the 3 bags. Hell I only collect from 3 of the 5 anyways. I run all the material in a bucket of ice water for a while then line bags in another bucket start with 25 then get bigger til the 220 is the bag u dump in first after mix is mixed well for a while strain the water thru the bags bring each bag up one at a time let water drip out use a frozen spoon to scrape the has off the micro. Netting and put it on parchment paper when all done collecting put the hash in freezer til frozen hard. Bring out of freezer and cut it up like cocaine into frozen powder if u can leave spread out in a thin layer across parchment paper and leave in a dry spot to finish drying for a couple days. When dry and u can move it around like flour bunch it all up in a ball and roll the shit out of it. I do it between parchment paper hold my hands on it for a while to warm it and make it sticky some from heat. Super easy just takes a. It of time to do especially when I get to the 25 micron bag which collects alot of material let me see if I can find my bags as I havnt used them since the second grow. I’ve been using butane and open blasting which works so much faster just cannot be in an airtight spot need ventilation and no open fires at all. I get great results and when butanes is evapes I use a flood light on high and run the parchment paper over the light to heat up the wax and make sure all the butane is out of the resin u’ll see if it is trapped or not by how the material bubbles some.

4 Likes

That would be pretty cool, Thanks. I don’t want to use butane. Knowing me it would set on fire or something.

3 Likes

Dry ice works also but using some everclear would prolly be easiest for u to do. Do u have a griddle or an electric stove no flames involved??

3 Likes

Seen someone here then last day or so that used a crockpot. Thought that was pretty safe if done outdoors, right?
Y’all got me wanting to pull out the ole glass tubes. Now with y’all I can probably do it right :wink:

2 Likes

The crockpot set on warm ran about 179 degrees perfect temp for boiling off the alcohol

1 Like

No crockpot, electric stove, dry ice not in budget

2 Likes

That’s the guy.
Is it still purging butane?
Do outdoor?

What??? How you cook a pot roast?? :thinking:

Can’t do outside, I’m in an apartment. I don’t own a crockpot, I cook my pot roast in the oven, sloowwly, it’s fantastic

2 Likes

I did under my range hood like to stick my nose over it take a big breath once in a while don’t want to waste that alcohol LOL