Debbie's First Shot at Seeds

@abouttime @Kinglouida13th @Mr_Wormwood @patchman @Hellraiser @Budz @Jaydawg6528 @Dankloud @yoshi @kaptain3d
They have ALL popped open. OMG 6 plants, what am I going to do? A lot of work. I expect it not to be harder than just Sprout alone. I have to try to stagger these somehow like Mark said, or I am gonna be just swamped at harvest.

@Hellraiser You mentioned perhaps half full solo cup, what do you think of just this smaller cup? I was thinking to use these instead.

And I got this seed and cutting starter mix, this is the same brand soil I used for Clara and I really liked it.

I bought a Freaking Huge bag of Happy Frog for the transplant, some will be 3 gallon fabric pots, some will be 5 gallon fabric pots, and (1) 2 gallon plastic pot (I can put it in bigger if needed) to see if I can utilize most of my space.
So, should I mix some Happy Frog with my seed starter or just use the seed starter?

4 Likes

You could do either, the ffhf is not too hot so you could even skip the seed starter if you wanted… growers choice I suppose

1 Like

I bought the seed started special, I want to use it

1 Like

That wasn’t me, I go with a full solo cup for seedlings, usually 16 or 18 oz.

Either the happy frog or seed starter would be fine, no need to mix.

2 Likes

Might as well use it then and save the happy frog for transplant.

2 Likes

Yep use it up

1 Like

I agree with @Hellraiser for soils.

Now… your question of 6 plants. You have two tents. Just fast flip and fight. Like I have had to do unexpectedly with my blue dreams. Lol

4 Likes

I would only use the Happy Frog as some of these seed starters tend to run hot. Return it and get trimming scissors…lol

2 Likes

I had at times thought I would never make it to the end, that this was like a twilight zone episode or something. Seriously Sprout was hatched in December. That is just crazy, chopped her yesterday, weed was such an easy game to play, til it was time to trim away, or I can wish it was tomorrow, o my gosh that would just make my day Heavens I have drifted off into made up lyrics land.
But now it’s a WHOLE NEW ADVENTURE

2 Likes

3 week veg and flip them and let them grow into the trellis !

2 Likes

@abouttime @Kinglouida13th @Mark0427 @patchman @Hellraiser @Budz @Jaydawg6528 @Dankloud @yoshi @kaptain3dThinking I will last longer w/o nutes if I transplant into Happy Frog. That really gives me time to decide what nutes to go with, I could just finish off ff trio, or try a couple others the FOOP or the Tribus maybe. I want a nice yield without too large of a plant. I will figure out some way to make this work. It won’t always be 6 the auto will be be fairly quick so It’ s really only 5 to figure out how to cram them in and stagger harvest stage. But I’m so excited, they all rooted, of course they did, if I only planted one it would not have rooted. So they won’t get very big but I will have 4 different kinds and that is excellent to see if any are decent painkillers.

3 Likes

Do you mean the net? O boy I don’t want to do that again. It took away most of my control of the plant and made it harder to water, prune and rotate the plant. I won’t do that again unless it becomes necessary to support the plant and I have no other ideas how.

1 Like

THE PLEASE HELP ME CHART
Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you do not know, or do not use something asked about; Just say so, or post
NA (non applicable).

1. Indoor or outdoor - size of grow, tent, toom
  2. Origin of water.
  3. Otigin of seeds. seedbank, friedn, bag seed.
  4. Regular, feminized, or autoflower
  5. -Age of plant. Veg ot flower
  6. Method: Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics.
  7. Vessels: Pots, Raised bed, Hydro,(what type hydro)
  8. PH and TDS/EC of source water
  9. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution.
  10. Provided lighting: Power? LED, HID, Fluorescents, or other?
  11. Temperayitr; Day and Night
  12. Humidity; Day and Night
  13. Ventilation system; Yes/ No. Size?
  14. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,: Yes or no.
  15. C02: Yes or no
  16. Hydro:

a. -DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?

b. -Temperature of reservoir

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add; Anything else you feel would help us give you more informed advice should be included. Feel free to elaborate ot the end of the survey in order to help us understand yout issues.

3 Likes

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who has this bookmarked in eighty places. :joy:

3 Likes

I figure I’m gonna need it this time and I have the info, so I’m filling it out for my 4 different strains right from the start so I’ll have that info faster if my girls get sick again. I can’t have it take that long again. I keep bookmarking stuff but SO much stuff that I can’t find anyway.

2 Likes

I bet you won’t have as many issues as you think you will! I saw your plants when you were done with ‘em last time around. :star_struck: You’ve got this.

2 Likes

Yeah you got this for sure

1 Like

Nets are never necessary in tents. You can yo-yo problem colas always. Nets are more from rooms. Where you don’t have things to yoyo off of. Here’s an example of when I had to yoyo.

See the strings? They are supporting colas. This is what we call yoyo. Now I just increase silica and don’t have to yoyo. My stems are strong enough.

6 Likes

It’s a good problem to have.

4 Likes

I did that to Clara, I held up her heavy buds with 1/8" elastic attached to the rod on the ceiling and the side poles. I also sewed loops on the fabric post to tie the elastic to to bend her over and do my lst and a small amount of other types of torture to her. I used elastic so it would stretch as the branches grew thicker. I thought I invented that ha ha, I was so uniformed before, not that I’m not uninformed now, just not as much. I will do the same to these plants, I won’t be able not to.I just have to keep screwing with them, it’s like it’s begging me move that branch so I can have light, pleeaase.Since I don’t see well and am color blind this is good for me as I can actually see those things. I much prefer bushy. And that lst and topping works like a charm!!!

1 Like