Debbie's First Shot at Seeds

@abouttime @Kinglouida13th @Mr_Wormwood @Graysin @Budz @Jaydawg6528 @Davyg @yoshi @Covertgrower @StonedCold13 Yeah but there’s only one that I did like that.
Here are some pics of the beautiful new light. A couple have some colors thats what I’m curious about. Everything seems happier with more light.

So it does look relatively simple, I go to a new dr today, I will see after I’m done how I feel and may try it today. But if I wait for my girl she is also growing older too, wtf? Lost it in the middle of a sentence. Good Job, Debbie!!

OK. Well, pics of the girls to follow, some side by side comparison shots and a Gary update

2 Likes

Yeah but there’s only one that I did like that.

3 Likes

On the input side it will wire like this…
Black to brown
White to blue
Green to green
Can we get a picture of the AC cord they sent. The cord that plugs to the wall.

2 Likes

A little bit of translation may help:

ACL = AC Live - This is the hot side of your AC
ACN = AC Neutral - This is the neutral of your AC
Green/Yellow is ground - This is your AC gound

Vo- = Negative DC voltage to your LEDs
Vo+ = Positive DC voltage to your LEDs

Dim+ and Dim- Is where the dimmer potentiometer connects (polarity doesn’t matter for this, it’s just a resistor)

6 Likes

No- thats the part that would require some extra cable and electrical finagling. I haven’t even worked up the energy for that yet myself.

3 Likes

Super simple to do safely👍
I’ve done 3 now and alot others here have been successful doin it.
Holla if ya ever want to try, plenty of us here to get ya through it😉

2 Likes

Yes looks simple Deb. Start 2 screws on 1 side of the heat sink make sure u put the double sided wires on driver on the side of the lamp where the single wire comes out so they reach to connect. Slide the driver into those 2 screws and put the other side in and tighten all screws. The wires will only plug in one way from looks of it like my enfun boards. The eye hooks go in corners of lamp one each corner make sure they r tight so they don’t come loose and u end up with a Google on ur noodle lol. Plug wires all together plug in wall and turn on. Simple.

3 Likes

Oh if u have a small Phillips screw driver pull the 2 little black plugs u have circled in the one pic and turn them clock wise make sure it is turned up all the way on both u might have to fiddle the scree driver to find the screw in the hole but not hard. Just turn slow and move around til it falls in place. They might have a screw driver in the kit who knows. Hlg sent ones with my 260xl kits

3 Likes

Sadly no, I had to use the one that came with my HLG kit for mine. Although the KingBrite driver was almost maxed already where my HLG one really did need a few twists to get up to max.

2 Likes

@abouttime @Kinglouida13th @Mr_Wormwood @Mark0427 @Budz @Jaydawg6528 @Davyg @Newt @StonedCold13 @Covertgrower

The cord is 6’10" long (nice) + I just ordered an extra power strip and I found one with a 10’ cord, so one less thing to worry about.

4 Likes

Based on what I think I see in that pic, you may just have to mount the driver on the Heat Sink. And then connect it to the lights.

2 Likes

No screwdriver but the little gold ones take an allen key instead of a screw, I have a set here somewhere if I can find it.

1 Like

Seems my SpiderFarmer SF2000 uses nearly the same driver. So I have a handy reference. Looks like about the only difference is the dimmer.

Can I see the end of the cable that comes to the Input side?

3 Likes

Hers is all plug and play. Hanging it the only hard part. Dimmer is already connected.

2 Likes

Output side:

Input side is the power cord, there aren’t any wires or anything like that at all it actually looks kinda simple, I gotta say Cori rocks

Later this afternoon I think I might try to do this, after I get back from the doctor, hopefully you will be available then to walk me thru it,

7 Likes

Yes it looks like all you need to do is hang the light, and plug it in. Screwing the driver to the heat sink will provide more even heat dissipation, but is really optional. You could just set it on top, once you have the light hung and level. But if you do that, be careful anytime you raise or lower the light, because you could knock it off, and damage your plants.

3 Likes

And this may simplify how you think about the light.

What you have is very similar to any other appliance (like a computer for example) that has an external power supply.

The Driver is akin to a laptop’s power supply brick. It converts the house power to DC power. Then that DC power powers your computer.

In this case you have different DC voltages, and a light to power rather than a computer.

2 Likes

Yep just plug and play no wiring in loved. Most u’ll have to do is screw the driver to the heat sink and install the eye hooks if u have ratchet cords in there now 2 of them u can unhook the old leave the rachets there if they stay and put new one in. Even if u have to have ur neighbor lady who helped trim give u a hand for 3 minutes give her a joint if she smoke and say thanks.

2 Likes

Did u plug it in and turn it on make sure all is working take a pic if u do

3 Likes

Anytime Debbie, sometimes all it takes is another set of eyes to help you look :blush:

1 Like