Debbie's First Shot at Seeds

Wow @DebbieM looking good I don’t have answers for you but I gots a present soon

3 Likes

@abouttime @Kinglouida13th @Mr_Wormwood @Hellraiser @Budz @Jaydawg6528 @Davyg @yoshi @Graysin @Covertgrower
Everyone except Dark Plasma 2 is in final pot and even she is in final pot as current pot is planted in the last pot. I thought it would be way easier to transplant just lift out plastic pot and transplant into same container

Here’s a couple pics of the 4 days later gang:

As compared to 4 days before gang:

4 Likes

Now for me I would soak down the soil super well like a good gallon or more make sure all is wet get the roots growing outwards toward the walls. I myself would soak the whole pot til I get a bit of drip from bottom so I know all is wet for the roots. Then wait 3 4 or 5 days until that pot is air light again and repeat. Soak it all again. Watch her shoot up quick. Just don’t keep watering daily. Only water as she feels light. I’ve never had any issues with watering soils when I was in soil. Give it a shot on 1 plant Deb. Soak the piss out of it and watch the differences u get from that one and the ones that get minimal watering.

3 Likes

I second that opinion the wet dry cycle is super important for root development ( particularly for autos) , I always pick up my pots 1 day before the usual watering to see if I need to shorten the intervals

4 Likes

I atleast grab one handle daily and try to move it to know if she is drinking or soaking lol. If it feels lighter I’m good. If feels same I know there is an issue

2 Likes

@abouttime @Kinglouida13th @Mr_Wormwood @Hellraiser @Budz @Jaydawg6528 @Davyg @yoshi @Graysin @GreenSnek
That is the method I used, but I was waiting to see what to do about the bugs. If I’m supposed to put the mosquito bits in dry soil then if I watered it to runoff I would have to wait at least 5 days to treat. I’m just going to sprinkle some bits on top and water and then I get the d e today I’ll use that around the edges and some other places in the house they are at. When do I start back with the CalMag?

4 Likes

U can do wet or dry. If dry when u water next it will slowly release some bt from the corn bits. And de only works dry if it gets wet it clumps up and pretty much becomes useless unless u maybe break it up into powder again. I’d do de a day or so after u water and corn for when I water or the mosquito bits not corn but same shish

1 Like

I myself would add atleast 2ml per gallon every water to not total eliminate it from soil. Cal mag won’t hurt it unless u slam way too much in it but 2 ml per hal should be fine. I use 5 for my coco if I do it water only but usually I do jacks all the way thru barely ever water only anymore

2 Likes

@Jaydawg6528 There’s a place here that had 5 packs of grease monkey, a couple weeks ago, I saw the seeds, and I almost bought a cut of it too, it’s one of my many favorites, but like the gelato and slurricaine slightly better, so didn’t but the place that I saw had the seeds is a seed bank here in Jackson Michigan, called the seed cellar.

4 Likes

@Jaydawg6528 can’t remember who they were actually from tho!!

3 Likes

@abouttime @Kinglouida13th @Mr_Wormwood @Hellraiser @Budz @Jaydawg6528 @Davyg @yoshi @Graysin @Covertgrower
Four Days Later Gang-Dark Plasma 2 This will eventually be flower tent with my exciting new light from Graysin

Four Days Earlier + Dark Plasma 2 this will be veg tent with my old t1000 unless there is a remarkable difference in DP2 whenever my daughter comes over to install and move around the lights, in which case I have another one of those purple lights if that fits I will have her put both in and save the other one for emergency.

I got that Happy Frog soil, it seems like many growers here used that soil, so I got a huge bag. I had pretty decent size bag of Just Natural minus enough for Clara

I have to say that I really am disappointed with the Happy Frog. You can see where one side is dark and looks fluffy and does not feel dry but yet is not wet. That is the Just Natural, the other side is gray and dusty and does not want to absorb the water. Really could tell since this was the first time of water to runoff. Did I just get a bad bag or is that what its like all the time?
Also could use some interpretation of the tds #'s. Out of the tap it is 661. I will recheck this as there was a main break and the water is tan right now, I don’t know whether it was like that when I poured the glass for testing, They were all over the place and I am not sure what to do about it, I think they are hungry, but since I do not know and they’ve only been planted for 12 or 8 days. Top pic starting with the double potted one clockwise:
DP2 N/A
PT1 194
Gary (Runtz) 157
Will welcome any help and am interested in other opinions of HF soil also
Thanks
Veg tent
PT2 917
CM Auto 190
DP1 221

I am so excited about this light, I want to assemble it myself but since I don’t want it broken I’m going to wait, it’s killing me tho

4 Likes

That’s weird
I have the ffof but never ran into that happening

2 Likes

Mix them fully if gonna mix mediums. Or layer. Don’t 50/50 left/right. There are a lot of things in ff soils that aren’t in the other. Perlite/oyster shells (lime pH)/two other types of lime (pH control)/myco bacteria (uptake)/decaying biomass (nutrients, says other forest whatever)… Peat… fox farms is chock full of stuff. To say the least.
This is why I went Coco. Full control. Still use happy frog for my mothers though. Never liked or even tried ocean forest. Not as stable, too much done to one soil. Mixed they work well tho. 100% of is just too much for my taste. Is what I’m saying, so I never even used. In indoor grows the hottest soil I’ve used is 85% FFHF with 15% extra organic perlite. On top of existing perlite in the FFHF. Which is a copy of @Hellraiser 's soil. As is my coco also based off of his coco. Variations only.

5 Likes

@abouttime @Kinglouida13th @Mr_Wormwood @Hellraiser @Mark0427 @Jaydawg6528 @Davyg @yoshi @Graysin @Covertgrower

It was mixed fully when I used it, I put it in there like that just to show how very different they looked, you can’t tell how different they feel and absorb the water. Like night and day. I didn’t smell them but the HF seemed like dead and the JN was alive and warm and inviting. But I don’t know what’s going on if that was a bad bag, got too dried out, maybe leftover from the beginning of the season, too late now, I used it so I am not taking it back or anything.
When you use the HF is it all dried out and gray?
I may try coco next time, I need to dial in dirt first

2 Likes

It dries out faster than topsoil. Not as fast as coco. It’s meant to though. As with cannabis liking a good wet/dry cycle in soil. Best for root growth. Want it to chase the moisture.

3 Likes

I’ve never used HF, I use OF - but I have had 3 bags now with varying levels of freshness. Hasn’t affected the end result at all for me, even when one of the bags was pretty much just dried out dirt.

3 Likes

Not sure how I missed this, but I’m along for the ride now.

2 Likes

Welcome. The more the merrier!
@abouttime @Kinglouida13th @Mr_Wormwood @Mark0427 @Budz @Jaydawg6528 @Davyg @yoshi @Graysin @Covertgrower

Does anybody know anything about these ppm #'s? Should I feed them? Or keep to the idea of starting nutes after a month?
hungry, but since I do not know and they’ve only been planted for 12 or 8 days. Top pic starting with the double potted one clockwise:
DP2 N/A
PT1 194
Gary (Runtz) 157
Will welcome any help and am interested in other opinions of HF soil also
Thanks
Veg tent
PT2 917
CM Auto 190
DP1 221

3 Likes

I’d stick with the month thing unless the plants showed me signs of deficiency

3 Likes

I’m with Wormy. I wouldn’t stress out about your numbers right now. If they still have cotyledons and/or aren’t showing you any unhappiness, I’d hold off on adding anything for 3-5 weeks after getting your girls in the fresh Happy Frog soil.

2 Likes