Debbie's First Shot at Seeds

They are on their way
Don’t think it will be 9 months till harvest this time around

3 Likes

Damn I’m still old school then. I use a stir stick lol after it’s all mixed up then I put the water mover in the bucket for a while. Try and mix part a with a bit of hot tap water like a cup per part I dissolve all 3 in hott tap and then just dump that in to the ro water works great and all 3 parts break down fast

5 Likes

I just use a spoon fill up half a solo cup mix each part till fully dissolved then pour the hyper concentrate back into the gallon , couple small shakes and I’m done, fun fact when you mix it with so little water the fertilizer is a orange color

3 Likes

Part a is like an orange red look the b is clear along with epsom I noticed that right off the rip lol. Even in the whole gallon it looks a slight orange red with pt a

4 Likes

@abouttime @Kinglouida13th @Mr_Wormwood @Hellraiser @Budz @Jaydawg6528 @Davyg @yoshi @Graysin @Covertgrower
I think it’s gnats, where there was one now there are more. What do I get for those?

3 Likes

Mosquito bits.

5 Likes

Sticky fly traps and diatomaceous earth to top the soil.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZLQ5SFL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_FCGXNTS9FVZXQ6Y9EGSX

The DE is to control any of the offspring that may be living in the soil. The sticky traps to catch the gnats flying around.

4 Likes

That is another route

3 Likes

@abouttime @Kinglouida13th @Mr_Wormwood @Hellraiser @Budz @Jaydawg6528 @Davyg @yoshi @Mark0427 @Covertgrower
So, I just ordered all of that stuff. Be here tomorrow by 10 pm thanks

3 Likes

Yellow sticky traps you hang them I got a pack of 100 for 9 bucks from hydro store but they have them on amazon also

3 Likes

I’ve never had this issue but everyone I’ve seen treat the problem with mosquito bits says that ends it

Sticky pads will help with the adults for sure

3 Likes

Graysin, and Mr. Wormwood covered here.

5 Likes

I put the sticky taps on all my grows if there’s a flying pest problem it will show up there usually before it gets to bad

4 Likes

If you really want to control the gnats, keep your soil wet , it’s not until the soil dries them lil basters hatch I think , I been seeing larvae swim around the drain pan for about 7 weeks now , but not one hatch and flew yet cause I’m keeping the soil pretty moist at all times until the after the flush and I’ll let it dry for the chop , I’ve had a much better control with them that way are milk!

2 Likes

I am scared to keep the soil wet, I overwatered my last grow and look what happened. I watered all 6 plants yesterday with 2/3 gal of water, I have to work up a pattern, but they were all dry with the lift it technique
@Graysin soo looking up de it says it has to be dry to work, will it work on wet soil too?

3 Likes

It’ll work again once it’s dry. You can technically make a de spray. It just won’t be effective untill it dries. DE is effectively razorblade sand. Any bug that lands on or walks through it will suffer lacerations. It’s not a poison in anyway. Its more like caltrops or Legos. I mean. Broken Glass.

Oh duh. It’s edges are microscopic. Try not to breathe the stuff, as it is a powder. When it’s wet it can’t be sharp, when it dries. It’ll be sharp again

4 Likes

That is why I went the chem route and said mosquito bit

I’ve only used de for fleas, and didn’t help with them much, but totally different circumstances

2 Likes

Are all the plants in their final homes now??

3 Likes

@abouttime @Kinglouida13th @Mr_Wormwood @Hellraiser @Budz @Jaydawg6528 @Davyg @yoshi @Graysin @Covertgrower
Everyone except Dark Plasma 2 is in final pot and even she is in final pot as current pot is planted in the last pot. I thought it would be way easier to transplant just lift out plastic pot and transplant into same container

Here’s a couple pics of the 4 days later gang:

As compared to 4 days before gang:

I just pinched out the tops of these on 10/12 when I watered. This just seems like too much of a difference for four days, is the purple light better than the white light? The white one is a mars t1000, maybe it’s not high enough
I got my mosquito bits gonna read directions and apply in morning, does it matter if soil is wet? Because this is talking standing water and can I use both the de and the bits together at the same time. Thanks for your help

8 Likes

Hey @DebbieM i have 2 dark plasma also and 2 ancestral skunk that’s cool. I’m trying to find somewhere to get some grease monkey and Pac-Man OG but not so expensive one of the places I found is 135.00 for 6 seeds ouch.

3 Likes