Debbie's First Shot at Seeds

THE PLEASE HELP ME CHART
Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you do not know, or do not use something asked about; Just say so, or post
NA (non applicable).

1. Indoor or outdoor - size of grow, tent, toom
  2. Origin of water.
  3. Otigin of seeds. seedbank, friedn, bag seed.
  4. Regular, feminized, or autoflower
  5. -Age of plant. Veg ot flower
  6. Method: Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics.
  7. Vessels: Pots, Raised bed, Hydro,(what type hydro)
  8. PH and TDS/EC of source water
  9. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution.
  10. Provided lighting: Power? LED, HID, Fluorescents, or other?
  11. Temperayitr; Day and Night
  12. Humidity; Day and Night
  13. Ventilation system; Yes/ No. Size?
  14. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,: Yes or no.
  15. C02: Yes or no
  16. Hydro:

a. -DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?

b. -Temperature of reservoir

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add; Anything else you feel would help us give you more informed advice should be included. Feel free to elaborate ot the end of the survey in order to help us understand yout issues.

3 Likes

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who has this bookmarked in eighty places. :joy:

3 Likes

I figure I’m gonna need it this time and I have the info, so I’m filling it out for my 4 different strains right from the start so I’ll have that info faster if my girls get sick again. I can’t have it take that long again. I keep bookmarking stuff but SO much stuff that I can’t find anyway.

2 Likes

I bet you won’t have as many issues as you think you will! I saw your plants when you were done with ‘em last time around. :star_struck: You’ve got this.

2 Likes

Yeah you got this for sure

1 Like

Nets are never necessary in tents. You can yo-yo problem colas always. Nets are more from rooms. Where you don’t have things to yoyo off of. Here’s an example of when I had to yoyo.

See the strings? They are supporting colas. This is what we call yoyo. Now I just increase silica and don’t have to yoyo. My stems are strong enough.

5 Likes

It’s a good problem to have.

4 Likes

I did that to Clara, I held up her heavy buds with 1/8" elastic attached to the rod on the ceiling and the side poles. I also sewed loops on the fabric post to tie the elastic to to bend her over and do my lst and a small amount of other types of torture to her. I used elastic so it would stretch as the branches grew thicker. I thought I invented that ha ha, I was so uniformed before, not that I’m not uninformed now, just not as much. I will do the same to these plants, I won’t be able not to.I just have to keep screwing with them, it’s like it’s begging me move that branch so I can have light, pleeaase.Since I don’t see well and am color blind this is good for me as I can actually see those things. I much prefer bushy. And that lst and topping works like a charm!!!

1 Like

I’ll give you one tip I found. Do more “extreme” pushes less often. Like my Skywalker. At beginning of flip I pushed her over daily till it started to hold. Now I just move the majors when needed. I never read this anywhere. It’s merely how I’ve found the plants like to react to me. Meaning because it works for me, it may not for others. Remember we are dealing with living things. Your bond with them is your own.

2 Likes

I tried to split major training sessions into more than one day, but mostly just got carried away and did everything I could see, topping and all. Upon opening the tent the following day I would discover that it didn’t look like I did anything at all. It was vey disconcerting. This was after they were healthy, I didn’t do that when they were sick, they were too small and I didn’t know about it yet

1 Like

I’m 100% sure in this grow and ones to come you’re going to laugh at yourself in the past. I have for surely (my first grow was a circus). Just don’t overthink. Go with your gut feelings and what the girls tell you. Getting your last grow to finish is gonna give you the confirmation/confidence you need. You’ve done it once already. Now you just improve your own method.

4 Likes

I’ll put a second vote towards avoiding peat. :sunglasses::v:t3:

3 Likes

Congrats on popping seeds! I’ll follow along, can’t wait to see the journey!

1 Like

Ohh i never thought to use the upper levels for support last grow I used bamboo sticks to keep my heavy branches up

2 Likes

When I do that I make a big loop with a slipknot at one end. And it’s never “tight”. If you shook any of them it would “yo-yo”. Hence the name.

2 Likes

Your first was a circus? Mine was like an attempted murder mystery, instead of who done it it was what did it? What do you mean by pushed her over? Like bending her? Or actually tipping her over, or push her into a different part of tent? Turning her around? Sometimes I can be obtuse, forgive me, and I’m very literal. Welcome @scylents , I’m excited. I stupidly did not expect them to pop at all, why? IDK. I got them from someone who would not send me bad seeds, obviously.
So, the journey begins…!

I also used a slip knot, but I had to use YouTube to show me how to make a slip knot, who doesn’t know how to tie a knot? Of course it had to be me, but no longer.

3 Likes

There was one or two hermies I was never able to identify 100% in my first grow. and through a missed flap missed in cleaning between grows it germinated my second grow too. Lol. Poof. Pregnant.

Oh and. I tagged you to my coco journal. It showed there. She was topped awhile before then her mains where pushed out.

1 Like

Here’s a tip if you can, cut the bottom half off of clear water bottles they make for good dome for solo cups , to still allow the medium to breath.

2 Likes

@scylents You know there is a thread here somewhere that the guy (sorry cant remember who) did an actual head to head test on peat pots vs solo cups…I kept up but forgot to check back in…I started last year in peat pots/plugs… Jiffy kind…I had no problem with them and when I harvested and cut down I pulled them out to see what gives? The roots broke through the netting fine? This year I did my own undocumented experiment using some in peat pots and some in solos… I used a clear solo with holes drilled into it and a colored on the outside…But instead of using FF or whatever I used peat in the solos…I bought a ton of Jiffy peats and had enough to expand them in water tear off the netting and shove it in the solo cups…Worked like a charm…Problem was I didn’t document it!!! and was caught up in my Caterpillar conundrum…I will say that apples to apples that the ones in the solos had roots trying to grow out of the bottom when the plant was an inch tall? So maybe Ill stick to the solos?
@Cannabian Ive used the h20 /h202 in a sealed glass jar in a dark drawer and I get 100% success rate in as little as 24+ hours… Yeas ago I did only use the wet paper towel method and YES they do get stuck to the pp towel fairly easy!! Ill go glass,water,peroxide any day…Of course be very careful when taking it out…I use a spoon and tweezers ,grab that lil sucker my its head (very gently) and pop it into its hole…!00% success rate,so far…

3 Likes

Aero garden with the 6 seed pod starter tops work fantastic, I used to use it so often I had to buy my wife another just to keep her quiet….

The one I was using at the time was definitely some present I gave to her…then used it for “us” :wink:

Anyhow the setup works great , tho you do need to add a air pump thru the small hole in the back that’s premade for it.

Once your seed has a tail, put it into a damp pod tail down helmet up, put it into the plastic holder aero garden and keep an eye to make sure it pushes out properly.

I’ve found this system to make starting from seed very simple and take out the guess work

3 Likes