Debbie's First Shot at Seeds

So, I put some seeds in a paper towel today, my first time with seeds

1 Runtz, 2 Dark Plasma, 2 Purple Titties and 1 Crystal Meth auto. That is my first auto. I put them in paper towel, in baggie and then in a plastic dish on top of fridge where it’s warm.
Anyone having any ideas and/or suggestions or anything feel free to post, I welcome all input, I intend to grow these in a normal time frame, as opposed to my first grow which took 7 1/2 months and is still not harvested. One will be harvested in 2 days, but that’s another story.
Wish me luck! Although I know if anything happens I’m covered, I have many experts here to help me, which is a wonderful thing.

25 Likes

I recommend a shot glass or small container with a couple drops of peroxide. After 24 hours they should sink to the bottom with a light touch. If so, plant directly. If not plant directly. Lol.

Any-who, I’m sure they will be fine. Good Luck!

7 Likes

I do a 18 to 24 hour soak. I then transfer to damp toilet paper and place in a zip lock freezer bag. Usually for 48 hours. Then I plant in their forever home. Works great.

6 Likes

Ok I watched your last grow didn’t comment but congrats on making to the end so I’m in on this one think your going to rock it I’m following

3 Likes

@Low @MrPeat
Welcome to you, I already did the damp paper towel thing, when I check on Monday if nothings happened then I’ll try another way. I was considering doing a soak first, but I thought to do it this way might be better in my circumstances. Hopefully all will sprout and I just have to figure out names. If they do sprout then I’m planning on solo cups then 3 gallon fabric pots. I may (depending on how many sprout) do a small plastic pot in between the cup and 3 gal pot just to see the difference, @Hellraiser posted a chart about that.

The thing I think I screwed up was not ph’ing the water to damp the paper towels. Does that make a difference?

3 Likes

I have been doing the paper towel method since the 70’s never PH the water always worked as I said have been following along you have some of the best helping you your next grow is going to be amazing

4 Likes

Agreed. No reason to ph for seeds. Ph is for nutrient uptake. We are just trying to wake them up. So to speak.

5 Likes

I have 100% success going straight to medium. Not so much with any other method. But that’s me. lol

8 Likes

I’m trying this now. One of my brown sugar cookie cake seeds was a dud. Usually when I soak first in water and peroxide, 3 days later I have sprouts. Trying direct sow method and will compare. :grin:

3 Likes

As I said you have the best advise my success rate directly in soil is ln the 90’s but I like to see the beans cracked before I put them in the soil I always thought putting seeds in water and peroxide was dumb in nature that doesn’t happen it’s a weed after all

1 Like

Thank you. I think so too. I did manage somehow to get amazing growers to help me last time, if you were following you know that it was a long, long hard road, but worth it, as look what I have now! I learned a lot, but these plants are not really like plants, they are more like super finicky badly behaved kids. Exciting, but kinda scary almost, although I don’t know why it’s scary. I guess I just keep thinking I’m gonna fuck it up somehow, but that’s no reason to worry really as I have all of you to help me. It’s amazing how much help I got, and just that anyone would even help me, total stranger and apparently dumb as a rock (I’m not really) much less the sheer amount of amazing people who gave me info and support, moral and otherwise. I have made a couple friends that I plan on keeping forever here. So, wake up baby seeds, time to go to work!

5 Likes

Neither do concentrates, butter, hash, or proper drying conditions. :man_shrugging: The last 20 seeds i ran with peroxide and water 2 have failed. The rest broke surface in 3 days.

Everyone has their own way. Usually with similar results.

4 Likes

@Mark0427 here you go man!

1 Like

@Mark0427 And how did I not tag YOU of all the people here? Unbelievable. I’m sorry. Probably cuz I use the copy/paste way of getting all the names in, sometimes rearranging the names due to who you are replying to. Thanks so much.

3 Likes

I’ll be following along as I’m able! I saw some of the first but mostly second-hand through @Jaydawg6528 (I think- I might be watching too many grows!)

Approach the transplants with autos with caution, I think. I popped my three autos straight into their forever homes, and had to emergency transplant one of them into soil - it never really recovered (it was about 28 days old I think). From seedling in a solo cup to its forever home jives with my understanding, but I’d probably skip the intermediary pot transplant for the auto.

Here’s my miserable transplanted auto for reference:

8 Likes

I love the “just figure out names” part!

4 Likes

I’m here. I made it y’all. Lol. Sorry long hard day yesterday I crashed early lol and actually slept in a. It today lol. Anywho. @DebbieM solo cup all but the auto put auto on its forever home from seed the rest u can play with all u want have fun and they will abide by the rules lol. U should have tried to stagger ur grow this time a bit for yourself like start a seed a week or every other week or so. It would have save u from trimming 6 plants together. Of they all finish together ur on for some trimming. If I was u I’d try and stagger the way the go into flower by a week to 3 weeks between each plant. Auto most likely will be first to finish mine always do first by like 2 months but photos veg for 2 to 3 months depending on size. Good luck I’m watching.

3 Likes

@abouttime @Kinglouida13th @Mr_Wormwood @patchman @Hellraiser @Budz @Jaydawg6528 @Dankloud @yoshi @kaptain3d
I started this and forgot to tag anybody in. What a good start, huh?
I only did it this way to be sure that, I mean, in case they don’t work out and not pop, or I end up with a bunch of Garys. I used to consider myself really good with plants, I had over a hundred in my house at one time. But these are so different, I just don’t know what to expect here so I am trying to not expect anything, maybe I did over do it a bit. I could do 4 as I am not going to veg them for 4 1/2 months.

This is from May 24, they were flipped by May 27 :
“As a beginner I started w/a tent kit and a plant. I want to do a perpetual grow where I grow 2 plants to flower, and then have another tent with 2 plants veg, so when flower is ready to harvest, veg plants are ready to go in there. That was my plan, but it became clear that as I was nursing them back to health they were growing also so now there’s no chance I can fit them in one tent. Next time I’m only using 3 gal pots and I’m fitting 2 in, see what that does and then go from there for 3rd grow. They won’t veg as long as I’m going to keep them healthy, instead of the attempted murder thing I had going on over here for so long.”

I thought that was an excellent plan, and that is what I was going to do, yet today I have 6 seeds soaking in damp paper towels. That plan came from the idea that I would always like to have some pot without such a dramatic wait time, or just plain greed. I thought it was like a security issue, so I don’t have to worry about where I’m going to get some, or how to come up with the money for it. Your reasons are so much better than mine. Next time there will be no panic planting. I suppose once I see them actually germinate then I won’t be so like they won’t germinate so I should start a bunch and something would grow. I would really like my two tents to function properly with me never touching the timers at all.

6 Likes

You already know I’m always watching. Just don’t always make myself known. First hand experience is unmatched. That’s why many of us read and say nothing unless we see catastrophic failure. There’s nothing we can type in that will teach anyone more than experience will. You grow more precisely and technically than me now. I have full faith you’re gonna kill it. (In a good way)

Edit. Oh yeah. I tagged you into my first journal. Have you seen my most recent? Where I actually have germination success? Lol. Which I’m gonna do this way from now on. Since it helps create a web, instead of tagging in by name. Grows the community better.

If nothing it helps me web out and keep up. Won’t lie. I missed a lot doing it the other way. Because while I put a link to my thread here. I also put one to yours on mine. So I can be sure to keep up.
ᕙ( • ‿ • )ᕗ

1 Like

She’s beautiful. How did you do that with the link? I’m always missing somebody, it would be nice if we could tag more people at a time.