Debating tent sizes

As of now, I’ve only ever grown in a 3x3 Tent. I have two.

I’m looking to step up my grow game and get a third tent.

I would love to get a larger tent.

@Hellraiser made a great point on why he sticks with 3x3 tents. Ease of watering.

Let’s say I have a 5x5 in the corner of a room. How would I or my 4’11” wife water the back corners of the tent?

Question for the masses, what size tent do you run, and what’s your watering technique?

@Covertgrower @MidwestGuy @CoyoteCody @Tenga @Zee @Hogbud

1 Like

I have a 4x4, as you probably know I broke my leg and ankle, so the wife had to take over for a while. The easiest thing we found, without a pump sprayer, or anything like that, was just getting down there and reaching back to the pots and watering with 1 gallon jugs. But you can get a cheap hand pump sprayer and take the tip off and use it to reach back to the back, you can also use a big funnel and a hose to reach the back. We got lucky and my tent fits in the corner but still has two sides that open, so the only hard one to get to was the one in the far corner, but we still didn’t see the necessity of buying anything because we are both still young and don’t mind getting up in the plants lol. If I had the space I would have gone with something bigger like a 4x8, but thats a lot of space that we don’t have.

4 Likes

Like a beer bong. That’s a great idea.

2 Likes

Its what my uncle uses, and of course just like a beer bong, the bigger the funnel and hose that faster it will come out.

3 Likes

Autopots make it easy to water lol

4x4 tent

2 Likes

It’s a definite consideration.

What size tank do you have? How often do you have to fill it? And do you use an airstone?

1 Like

No air stone as it can add to mold. I use a wave maker from Amazon. Got 2 for under $20

As for how often to fill it. Depends on how fast they drink. I can easily get 3-4 days of nutes when they are drinking the most. Longer when smaller and drinking less.

1 Like

If you click that link and read down I go over the whole system.

1 Like

the basic 4 pot xl system comes with a 12 gallon tank. My first grow with the autopot system and coco was only one plant. I only added a couple gallons at a time. If it sits too long the pH increases then you either mess with getting it back in range or dump it. I use jack’s so dumping it is no big deal. The thing is it was mid summer and the temp would push eighty. That is why I only filled the reservoir enough to water for two days without it running dry.
I am now getting set up for three plants using the autopot.
Other wise I have the same 3x3 as hellraiser. I only have two plants in the 3x3 this time. I use elevated racks with trays underneath to catch the runoff. Slide them out empty them, wipe the off, and good for next time

Tough to do in a larger tent if you have it full. On the other hand, keep an access area open but that is a waste of space etc.

2 Likes

I run a 5x5 and have had up to 3 plants in it. Plenty of room for 3 plants. Others grow more plants, but I find 3 plants to be easy to get to.

I run 10 gal fabric pots and water mature plants every 3 days. Less often when they are small and in veg. Basically water every time the soil dries nearly completely out.

2 Likes

I say you might as well get a third 3x3. Lol or maybe even ditch the tents and go open room if you have the space.

3 Likes

Might this solve your problem?

Lithium-Ion Battery Powered Pump

2 Likes

@NeoGroR Hey man, sorry I cant offer any advice on tent grows as I have 2 rooms I am using. In some of the photos it may seem like they in a tent because I made some light weight panels with Mylar wrapped around them to reflect light and keep the air flow from the fans concentrated over the canopy.

2 Likes

Use the whole room!!!

2 Likes

Woa I want the 1 improved one!! But seriously tho, battery powered pump up maybe a game changer

3 Likes

I grow in a 3x3x6 tent usually 2 plants I use a Lazy Susan set up and makes it easy to water as long as you don’t use a scrog netting.

3 Likes

I like that idea.

I went with a 4x4 GGT! I’m going to outfit him with an 8in AC Infinity fan and filter. The lighting is still up in the air. I’m down to 3 lights, Hortilux 700es, Diablo 650, 600RSpec