Death kissed my leaves now?

@Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @Hellraiser So I gave the lime to my plant and things seemed good for like a day and then boom a whole new problem that’s even worse than the last one. Shows up and is decimating what leaves are left on this poor plant. Even getting the new growth too. Looks like death itself is just kissing them, they turn gray and curl up crazy overnight. Here are some pictures. Why am I forsaken on growing weed ffs.

today is watering day so I can maybe give it some remedy but I wanteed to see if you gents had anything to suggest before I might try something that’ll make things even worse

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed= Candy Kush auto flower. From Growers choice seeds.
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF= Fox Farms Ocean Floor soil
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths= 3 gallon black plastic pots
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)= PH of water solution is 6.5-6
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable= Unknown
  • Indoor or Outdoor= Indoor
  • Light system= Mars Hydro Sp-250
  • Temps; Day, Night= Day, around 78-80 F, at Night, around 70-65 F
  • Humidity; Day, Night= Around 38-45% on good days around 50
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size= Yes, iPower 4in Carbon filter 190 cfm
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,= I have a swamp cooler that regulates heat and humidity
  • Co2; Yes, No= No

Only affecting the upper side? An overall pic would be helpful. Distance from lights?

Tallest sights are about 19 in from my light.

3 Likes

Seems another problem going on there. I don’t know maybe phosphorus. Wait for the experienced tagged people to answer you.

A rise in PH could make nutrients available that were locked away and produce nute burn. What does your runoff TDS read now?

3 Likes

I’m not sure. Should I go water with pH balanced 6.5 and some cal-mag, or just pH’ed water solution and then collect some runoff?

1 Like

I would only do a runoff test when the pot has dried out some. But yeah; always take a TDS and PH of runoff if possible. That’s another data point you can use.

3 Likes

My pots dry now so I can water and collect some runoff. I don’t want to wack out the soil pH again so should I pH balance the watering solution I’m about to give it, maybe add cal-mag since I haven’t been doing that or should I wait to read the TDS? Also Is there some other way to collect runoff without giving it a complete watering that I’m not sure about?

1 Like

Don’t do anything until all the data is collected. If you can water to runoff in straight R/O or distilled it will give the most accurate runoff TDS and PH.

3 Likes

Alright so I watered with some distilled water until there was runoff. collected some and got the data. My TDS are around 1865 and the pH of the runoff was still around 4.5

I also turned my light down some to hopefully not stress the plant out as much while its recovering from this

4.5 is dangerously low. How long has she been in the 3 gal plastic pot?

A while do you think I should transplant? I was planning to keep it in the 3 the whole grow but maybe it too big now

My feeling is nutrients were made available by the soil treatment which resulted in burning the plant. 1,800 ppm is not particularly high in soil (OF) and if asked I would have said low enough to supplement some flowering nutes.

I have to ask again if you are sure your meter is reading an accurate PH?

2 Likes

I don’t have a pH meter just drops for like a pool, here’s a picture

That’s a problem. You are going to have a hard time getting an accurate result with drops. My advice is to order a decent PH pen like the Apera. I finally broke down and bought a Bluelab combo meter but they’re like $300 now.

3 Likes

Okay well I ordered one, not that advanced, but a decent one. What do you think of Konflicts suggestion of maybe up potting it

1 Like

IMO I would wait till you get your ph pen. By up potting into say a 5 gal bucket with fresh FFOF you could have more problems. Just saying

2 Likes