Dealing with fungus gnats

A question from a fellow grower:

I appreciate you and your information, I have the whole package of your information on establishing and completing a successful grow. At the moment I am dealing with fungus gnats from organic soil, my plant is 38 days old, the seeds are from Royal Queen and the plant is Power Flower at 70% sativa and 30% indica. I am in the process of getting mosquito dunks to kill the larva but it won’t get to me until the 14th, I believe my plant can wait so now I mix the top soil to dry out the larva. Your advice?

Soil is staying to wet , try not to over water and get air moving to help soil dry before next watering .

This stuff works great and you can pick it up at Lowe’s, or Home Depot or your local hardware store.

Will

if you bring topic to preventative routines trying to remember name of topic early morning again you will find we are doing group discussion on care and maintanance.

Yes, DE food grade, sprinkling on the surface of the soil is a great preventative for fungus gnats and even for spidermites, or any other critter that needs to lay its eggs in the soil.

~MacG

I use ILGM bug trio and only used it my first grow , because I was watering to much to soon and learned the larvae is in the soil as micro organisms , so when I put soil in pot to start a grow , I mixed the bug solution from ILGM in ph water and flush the soil before I even play the seed . Cross fingers , hadn’t had a bug problem but on my first run .