DEA says marijuana seeds are considered legal hemp

Interesting article. I don’t know if shipping in the US has is still an issue anyway.
https://www.marijuanamoment.net/dea-says-marijuana-seeds-are-considered-legal-hemp-as-long-as-they-dont-exceed-thc-limit/

I can’t imagine that the DEA (or even local departments for that matter) are prioritizing enforcement for the possession of seeds. Can they do it? Yes. Do they? Very rarely.

Any type of drug shipped by mail; UPS, Fedex, and so on are normally confiscated with no enforcement action unless the recipient is running a big operation. You might get a notification of the confiscation via a post card. Only a small number of cases are “controlled deliveries” by law enforcement. This is true even for substances such as cocaine and heroin.

They have bigger issues to worry about than some dude growing a couple of plants in a spare bedroom.

5 Likes

interesting as I thought the seeds were not controlled under this law and thus the reason it is legal to ship seeds in the USA…I saw DEA spelled Marijuana as Marihuana … could this be fake news???

I believe they use the spelling marihuana because of the marihuana tax act of 1937

1 Like

Trivia: marihuana is the Spanish word for cannabis.

3 Likes

Seed by them self are considered a novelty item by the government. When you germinate that’s when u get in state laws