DEA Gives Cannabis Law Significant Tweak

United States’ Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) on Wednesday set new cannabis extract laws by amending the Schedule I Controlled Substances Act to include tighter regulations for marijuana extracts, including cannabidiol (CBD).

In the new drug code titled “Establishment of a New Drug Code for Marihuana Extract,” the DEA says it is “creating a separate code number for marihuana extract with the following definition: ‘Meaning an extract containing one or more cannabinoids that has been derived from any plant of the genus Cannabis, other than the separated resin (whether crude or purified) obtained from the plant.’ Extracts of marihuana will continue to be treated as Schedule I controlled substances.”

This means CBD and all other extracts derived from the cannabis plant (psychoactive or not) will come under Schedule 1 drugs, like heroin, LSD, marijuana, and ecstasy, and cannot cross state lines. Any person currently licensed to produce and handle marijuana extracts is required to apply for a modification of their registration by Jan. 13, 2017, the new document says.

Read More
https://www.yahoo.com/news/cbd-now-schedule-drug-dea-083035386.html

Unbelievable
The federal government and there useless arm of the dea suck monkey butt
I’m still not going to stop smoking or growing
:fu:To D.C

This is a bunch of crap. Come on wake up America. It’s going to cure cancer. Certain strains for certain diseases, and oils for potency for certain diseases/ natural born cases of disease can be cured with CBD oil. Little children with cancer can be cured with cannabis oils or CBD oils! Which is the whole plant condensed in a much smaller size “potency” is the word. We need to stand up for ourselves as a better people who are educated about the cannbinoid system that every single living creature, land bound, water or air creature has a cannabinoid system which lets them use the cannabinoids in cannabis. THC, CBD, CBDA, CBDB, etc the research is going on as we speak! We’re hunting for a break through! There are 85 known cannabinoids backed by research right now. There are two that we know what they do. THC and CBD…hmmm :smirk::thinking:let me think about this now…

just the way they refer to cannabis…Marihuana with an “h” makes me think they researched the effects of what is fast becoming the best all around medication (next to aspirin) by watching “Reefer Madness”.

That’s exactly what the government did. Why do you think the FDA had to pat. their rights to the CBD benefits. Then their gunna try to make it illegal in comparison to heroin, in which the US government invented those many years ago and gave it to people as medicine! (Asprin) Its strictly business…!

Now think. They did this because they knew how it would of been during the year 2000. They had their idea for us that’s for sure…and look what we have a heroin epidemic that needs a drug now to “cure it off” and the govt will regulate cannabis now for any disease, cancer, or drug abusers like heroin and serious drugs that can be overdosed/fatal, and eventually to the public, which it then becomes a billion dollar crop for each state, every year. They would be out of debt in no time! Our dollar be worth something. America hasn’t been worth jack **** since WWII when evertything was well built,and with pride, American quality. Nothing broke lol, everything was solid.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! It really doesn’t surprise me, just saddens me.

Power corrupts…