DB Cooper's Apple Fritter clones

Okay I will give more water next time when I do. I ended up tossing some in the backyard plants last time because the one gallon was a bit too much. They are only in one gallon plastic pots right now, about to be potted up this weekend. Roots are showing through the bottom today.

6 Likes

Good to go.! and I’m sure that meter is a 500 scale.
It does have some calibration solution, so if has never been , might give it a go. General range is A-Ok with ppm, pH not so much, as the scale is X10.

Roots nice bright white! :+1: They’ll air prune to boogery brown in a few days perfectly normal.

4 Likes

I use the same ph pen. I calibrate every 2 weeks because the calibration solution is cheap and my seeds and plants and time arent lol.

I forgot to add the epsom i used but i use the 3 2 1 jacks and epsom is the 1 lol

6 Likes

Looks like you’ve gotten some solid advice. :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Im here to watch! Ask away if you have questions. Your in good hands right now. Ive never had to use PH up i dont even own it lol

3 Likes

sounds like you’ve got some pretty solid advice :100::v:

1 Like

Here to watch and great advises

1 Like

Good deal brother!! Set to watch :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

1 Like

Set to watch! Never had Apple Fritters (that I could smoke). Excited to watch!

5 Likes

Thanks for the tag. Im working on getting to where i can help others at some point? Work in progress. Glad to watch and help when i can.

4 Likes

Bioblend is coco, peat, and perlite? If so, you’re ph is too high. Coco target ph is lower than soil target ph. I am coco/Jack’s and ph in is 5.8.

My advice is to continue at full strength, get 20%-ish run-off (more won’t hurt), and stop measuring run-off ph/ppm.

This all assumes what’s in the pots now is bioblend and not something soil-y that came with the plants.

5 Likes

Right now they are in promix, but thanks for pointing it out @DrWoo . With my previous grows being soil it would be easy to forget that I need to pH lower now.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I thought might have happened. We get into a routine…

1 Like

Promix makes several different mix’s if it is HP or BX it has no nutes and needs them daily.

Thanks for the tag, I’m set to watch. :v: :green_heart:

2 Likes

Dr Cooper performed transplant surgery yesterday. Overall it went successful.

These are my grow bags from the last grow. I left them out in a couple rain storms. Then I washed them with the hose. The next day they still had some which stuff that looks like salt still on it so I sprayed it with the hose again and scrubbed it down with a brush. After all that there was still some residue on it.

Before

During

This was my first time using mycos. It seemed really awkward to try to put them on plants. I was holding the main stem in between my middle fingers. I rested the root ball sideways on my knee and sprinkled the mycos over that. I’m sure there has to be a better way.

After

9 Likes

I was so busy doing the transplant last night. I forgot to have any water set aside. Oops!
I use chlorinated tap water. I poured out two gallons this a.m. at 5:00. I put a fish bubbler on it to hopefully get the chlorine in the gas off a bit quicker.
Should I use the water today? Would I be better off boiling the water to get the chlorine out? Or should I just go buy some distilled water at the grocery store for today?

I do a soap and bleach soak/wash and my white rain science bags come fairly clean…but there is still a small amount of stuff left on the bags.

You’d think. I sprinkle in the bottom of the hole and a little on the root ball. Hard to get it to stick to the root ball though.

Roots look great! They’ll love all the new leg room they have.

1 Like

What soil are you using?

I feed right after transplant with Jacks and all the other usual extras…I use Happy Frog. And I use RO exclusively…no more tap for me, so I’d vote for getting DW.

1 Like

The soil is bioblend 365 coco
In the first post on this thread I have a pic that shows what’s in it.

1 Like