DB Cooper's Apple Fritter clones

Looks like it’s going to be a beautiful harvest :100::fire:

2 Likes

I had that happen to a bonsai of mine. It’s either over watered or has rust fungus

1 Like

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/spruce/spruce-needle-rust-control.htm

1 Like

So I have just turned out the lights before snapping these last pics. I can’t open the tent up all the way as the colas on the plant on the left would be falling out all over the place.

I will be chopping the plants tomorrow. The timing works out great because I’ll be on vacation the next two weeks and have all the time I need to deal with the curing process.

6 Likes

Very nice brother!! A top notch grow my friend!!

2 Likes

They so gorgeous brother. Great job

3 Likes

So this is my chop song. I play this every time while chopping the trees on my previous grows. Am I the only one on here that has a chop song?

3 Likes

How was/is your Fritter? Have you sampled on it yet?
Mine was a reg seed and I drew an M, so I ran up to pollen drop and collected for next time.
I’m Chopping tonight as well, Ill probably be jamming some Clutch - Spacegrass or some Corrosion of Conformity.

2 Likes

Don’t have a chop song but I use spotify thru my hearing aids for trim time, usually a blues mix.

3 Likes

@Pet_de_Chien no I haven’t yet but the but the smell so far is just delicious. I’m not good it’s describing scents but I would say so far it smells like a pine berry.

I did snip a couple small buds off and will be testing in a couple days once they’ve had a quick cure.

I have your avatar picture as a poster on my wall that hides my tent exhaust. In fact, when I go to trim jail I might start watching episodes of the Johnny Cash show because you get to see cool songs like this.

2 Likes

Beautiful buds :fire:, nice work :v:

2 Likes

Thanks JJ!

Happy 4th of July!!!

So here is all I have for chop pictures. Things were a little bit hectic when I was chopping.

I sawed them off at the base and left them standing like that supported by the net.

Then I cut the string around the edges of the PVC scrog net.

Then I cut the colas that were supported by being tied up to the bar at the top.
That’s when the colas started flopping all over because they were then unsupported. I held onto both plants by the trunks and I was able to get the two plants and the frame of the net out all at once with the help from somebody else.

All in all it could have gone better, but it could have also gone a whole lot worse. Is there a more ideal way harvesting plants in a scrog?

3 Likes

When I finally got to take a look underneath the pots, one of them had Roots growing below it that I was never able to notice. I don’t know why as they were sitting at about the same height.

3 Likes

Is either the way you did it. Or cut them out one branch at a time. I personally hate 1 branch at a time

2 Likes

Happy 4th brother and congrats on the chop

1 Like

You had roots under because you didn’t have any air under the planter, so they couldn’t air prune themselves.

1 Like

Notice these risers under mine. That’s why I got them…

3 Likes

So after getting everything trimmed up my tally is. Five jars of a quality buds 3 jars of b grade buds. .45 oz of kief and a gallon bag of larf.
They’re all small buds but it was a really big haul and they are all super sticky.

I am wondering what my options are with the kief and the bag of larf. I have been wanting to do some edibles, maybe butter infused. Years ago I tried making brownies and cookies. Mind you this was in the era where the only info you could get was that high times magazine. I never quite got a buzz off the edibles and it always tasted bad like it smelled. I don’t think I knew anything about decarbing so that was the problem I think.

In the past couple grows I have just pressed the keif using parchment paper and a hot water bottle. I enjoy it quite a bit, but I wonder Is there a better use for it?

I know about pressing the keif using a heated press, and soaking the bag of buds in booze… I just don’t want to have to buy the press or source turbo equipment at the moment.

1 Like

The kief, smoke it and enjoy. Larf and trim if ya want to make butter. Decarb in oven at 220°F 20-25 mins. I like to use 40 grams of trim/larf per lb of butter (unsalted). Put in crock pot add a cup or 2 of water, may need more later as well. Pit on high till simmer, then let her go on low for 24hrs. Strain with cheese cloth into a glass casserole dish, put in fridge and let sit overnight. Youll see a nice layer of green goodness on top. Cut it out of dish. Use right away or place in fridge or freezer for long term. Fyi if you go by weight 57 grams is 1/4 cup of finished butter for recipes

1 Like