DB Cooper's Apple Fritter clones

I am going to be growing two apple fritter clones in a 2x4 under a Mars hydro sp3000 led. I just got these a week ago. I am on my fourth grow, this will be my first time growing from clones and I will be using bioblend coco for the first time. My previous grows were in FFOF.
Here we go…

One of these plants #1 has been top, the other one hasn’t been. I am undecided on whether I should top it.

9 Likes

I have already had one plant showing some symptoms. I’m not sure what the problem is though. The edges of the fan leaves are turning brown.

8 Likes

I have watered with full strength jacks two times. Feeding numbers were around 6.3 and 1,800 e.
My first runoff numbers were 5.6 855 e the first feed. 3 days later same feed except recharge instead of fish crap. The runoff numbers were 5.6 41,50e.

I’m thinking I will feed at half-strength next time???

3 Likes

Calling all growmies!
@CooterJuice @ConcreteBudz @Low @Newt @SilvaBack203 @GreenJewels @Gremmall

4 Likes

@Pet_de_Chien @pillsbury @pr @JJ520 @Chasfitter

5 Likes

@Mark0427 @MaD-VapoR @Highwayman420

Please don’t feel obliged to help, I have just gone through your journals and respect your grows. Any and all are welcome here!!!

5 Likes

Im a jacks and coco grower. I use full strength jacks, 5 ml of calmag per gallon and 1/4 tsp of powder silica per gallon every other feed. The only issues i have are my watering practices. I tend to overwater just a smidge.

Get to know the weight of your dry pots is my suggestion. The brown tips could be some old nute burn. They are on the lower fans anyway. Watch the new growth up top more for plant health.

They look good to me :crossed_fingers::cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Thanks for the advice @Gremmall with my other girls starting from seeds, I could afford to have one not do so well. Having just the two clones I don’t want to botch things right away. The spots did appear since I have had them.
I was told I should put them up this weekend into 5 gallon bags. And then send them in the flower the next week if I want to. That seems a bit early to me, but I have let them veg too long in the past.

4 Likes

I agree with Gremmall. Looks to be old burn. Watch the tops of plants

4 Likes

Here are the additives I am using in addition to the jacks. In the order that I am using them. With the tribest, recharge, and fish poo I rotate them using only one per feed.

6 Likes

Thanks, CJ nice to have you aboard. I have the sp3000 set at 50% and about 21 in. I have notes I’ve taken from you and low! :nerd_face:

3 Likes

4, 150e? you mean 4.15 EC - 2100ppm?
I’m jacks and coco too, I’m betting it was(past tense) a pH issue not a Ca.
All the New growth looks great, the old burn could have been accidental leaf wettage with high ppm feed, foliar cant take anywhere the concentration as soil drench.
Sometimes I take my trimming scissors and trim the burned sections off so I don’t forget what was old.

Nice supplements selection too btw, set for success.

4 Likes

You’re running pretty much the same stuff I am, except I’m in Happy Frog and don’t use the ruby. I see a bag of part A in the picture (5-12-26) but don’t see part B (cal nitrate)…are you using part B?

So the EC was 4.15? Not sure what 41,50 means. pH may be dipping a little low, but new growth looks good like others have said.

5 Likes

Yes I have the part b and epsom salt as well I just had the one bag in the picture to show it was Jack’s 321 hydro.

3 Likes

The meter I have is a cheap vivo Sun. I’m not sure how accurate it is. Above was a typo I meant to do 4, 150ec. Which should be 2,075 PPM. It has a mode button which shows either one.

3 Likes

Can’t say much as it’s already been said. I have old leaf troubles on most of my clones as they get handled a bit more & soon after I put them in their real home they come out of it. Yours are looking pretty good I’d say.

4 Likes

good deal…was just checking. lol

I think the EC is getting a little high so running 1/2 nutes or water only wouldn’t be a bad thing. But!..I haven’t been growing that long so don’t take my word for it. lol Or just run with it for now and keep checking runoff. Have you calibrated your pens recently? I try to do mine once a month, but it gets done every two at the latest.

4 Likes

Do yourself a favor when budget allows, get some decent meters at least the pH, most important tools in the toolbox.

The Vivosun I’m pretty sure is 500 scale, on the meter it should note TDS/NaCl or KCl.

4.1/2075 isnt off the rails with Jacks…water to a little more runoff, and pitch the first cup or so before collecting-n-measuring. I’m feeding some 16in tall plants now at 3.6, but they are getting tria/brassin one of which is also a fritter reg seed.

4 Likes

This helped me tremendously! Thank you for bringing that up. I have had close to zero issues since I started getting a minimum of 20% runoff, some days even 30%+. I run 8 gallons and always get 2-3 gallons runoff (and feed the outside plants with it).

3 Likes

These are the meters I have. The pH is a good one, I will probably upgrade and get the same brand ppm meter once the budget allows.

5 Likes