Dazed and confused *&?

Bunger64 as mentioned to Dieselgrwr the humidity and dome and distance is where I’m at now

My clone dome and seedlings

Also if you want to add some one or tag put the @DieselGRWR and then your part of the tag. @jvillano42

2 Likes

Bunger64 thank you I’m not tech savvy also at what point do you not use the dome anymore?

1 Like

Also I added 70 more watts LED and moved to 7" from 24

1 Like

Its just a thing you keep rhe dome moist and lights don’t need to be turned up. I use a tentbuddy app and there is a ppfd meter it will shoe seedlings and clones your ppfd and dli can help adjust your light also. Humidity is your friend i would say the domes go on and off for the first week or so.

1 Like

@bunger64 I took your advice and put cough medicine cups over 2 of my seedling that seem to be having trouble so ill let ya know how that goes

1 Like

Your looking for moisture to condence under cap it helps them thrive i have tome when i give them a breat for a short term and dont cover but they need to be standing up and smiling

2 Likes

Dude, nutes this early will do more harm than good, just slow down and let them chill. Im in the same boat you are, super anxious about my first grow. They will grow but as i read here, it sounds like you are “loving them to death”.

At the seedling stage you should only need small amounts of water that is properly PH’d. They arent going to grow over night, learning that myself…smoke a J and chill. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I have had similar occurrence I have razor bladed the edge I have actually found a couple that didn’t take but now there 2 growing.

3 Likes

Exactly we have to have patience and I’m not even a Dr.my sprouts dont get nutes because the soil they are in but like you mentioned pro-mix I just started using is a steril grow medium that you can fine tune to our liking. (Ithinkthatsright). I have watered the sprouts but try not to spray they are delicate.

2 Likes

They will let you know they change by the hour

2 Likes

How’s it growing?

1 Like

@DieselGRWR Hi, Well included are some pics but confused on testing, I haves TDS meter, and a luster leaf soil test kit which test ph, n, p, k now the kit is good for ph imo because it gives me numbers to go by on the chart but the n, p, k is more of a color chart with numbers 0-4 and a rating ranging from depleted-surplus and it was recommended that I get the TDS meter (AP-1 HM Digital) so now I have the TDS meter thinking it tested for N but now I’m just so darn confused I don’t even know what it test for other then total dissolved solution and the other luster leaf kit gave me a ph reading of 6.0 and N reading of N4 surplus and P and K both 0=depleted, so I’m all over the place maybe you can help thanks In advance and for checking in on my grow that means a lot to a newb

2 Likes

I wish I had advice to offer, I’m still a newb myself. I was curious as to how yours were doing cause we’re about the same timeline lol.

One of the others should be able to help, I’m curious to hear the answer.

They’re looking close to mine, healthier honestly. What kind of soil are you using?

1 Like

I’m using promix organic then add jacks 321 after second node, yea I’ll tag some of the others and see what they recommend, I’m 13 days in on the bigger of the three she trippled in size 3 days after adding jacks

@Bunger64 @beardless maybe you can look at what I wrote @DieselGRWR about testing questions and any advice would be appreciated please and thank you

*second true leaf not sure if that’s different than node

Your TDS meter is measuring the PPM or parts per million of nutrients. It wont test for individual nutrients. Follow your feed schedule and watch your plants to tell you what they need. If you try to test for individual nutes, youll run your head ragged. When you water, water enough to catch run off. Runoff is what comes out of the bottom of your pot. Your TDS meter will measure the PPM and the ph meter will check ph. Take those numbers and you can adjust nutes and ph going in to get around a 1000 average ppm with a 6.5 ph in runoff

2 Likes

@ChittyChittyBangin Ok so ppm # will cover N, P, K ? As long as I’m in the 1000 range or so?

1 Like

Yes. Thats why you watch your plant to let it tell you what its hungry for or too much of. Depending on if youre growing autos or photos depends on PPM. Autos tend to like 800 to 1000 to where ive had photos handle 1800. Strain has alot to do with if they eat alot too. One strain might be a snacker where another sits down to an all you can eat buffet…

1 Like