Day 89- leaves are dead or dying so should I chop?

@Familyman @Reticence

I am.not sure how to tell what is milky, amber or what not.

I would like to know where I am at day 37 in flower as of 5-3-19.

Here is a couple.of photos. I dont really know what I am.looking at.

Help

1 Like

You have weeks to go. One cheap way to get up close is to buy a magnifier for your cell phone. Here is an example:
https://www.amazon.com/QZTELECTRONIC-Microscope-Magnifier-Clip-Mobile/dp/B07JGS3GDP/ref=sr_1_9?crid=3VAZ3NDAT0RI1&keywords=clip+on+magnifier+for+phone&qid=1556888320&s=gateway&sprefix=clip+on+mag%2Caps%2C171&sr=8-9
This one is ok, but mostly gives you the idea. The advantage of one of these is you can take a picture and upload it. Then is is easier for us to see.

I also have this:
https://www.amazon.com/SE-MH1047L-Illuminated-Flip-Magnifier/dp/B003UCODIA/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3W2OZTLY8N5Z1&keywords=jewelers+magnifying+glass&qid=1556888617&s=gateway&sprefix=jewelers+%2Caps%2C169&sr=8-8

They help a lot just to take a quick inspection.

I took my last grow of ICE and OG Kush a little over 8 weeks. (59 days). The pistils will be mostly brown / reddish which is a good sign you are near.

2 Likes

Your pistils still aren’t retracting or turning orange. You have awhile left.

2 Likes

like this…

:face_with_monocle:

akbcmww600000|666x500 Yum%20Yum%20! vation

2 Likes

akbcmww600000

2 Likes

can you see the trichomes with this Head Magnifier ?

1 Like

I like it! Thanks

1 Like

Thanks family man, retracting? Is this to complicated to explain?

@James68

So I am not looking close enough. At least this is what I take away from all this!

Thanks

1 Like

education + magnification = a fine old time !

:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

When thy shrivel up and pull back in. You still have a lot of standing white ones

1 Like

Day 96 now. Trichomes seem to be coming. Question: do I trim the dying leaves off the buds or leave then there while I wait?

2 Likes

Thanks, it helps.

1 Like

@merlin44. Don’t forget wait for the lights to come on. :laughing:

2 Likes

Great point! I will add that one.

2 Likes

Did you chop it?

I just turned the lights out and will chop it either late tomorrow night or some point Sunday. Internet says to give it a couple days darkness so that is what I am doing.

Here is how she looks.

1 Like