Day 63 out for Banner and Runtz

Hi folks - I’m at 63 days from breaking ground and about 35 in flower. I know there’s many weeks to go, Im asking your thoughts on defoliating.

I’ve been paranoid about stressing the autos so I’m mostly only trimming a few leaves to make sure there’s air and light. They are getting super thick and bushy so now I’m not sure about next steps.

Air moves fine I think and DLI is between 40-45 across the whole tent. It’s just that I’m less familiar with dealing with stocky autos

Thanks in advance for y’all wisdom

Banner

Runtz

8 Likes

I would only take off as needed for light and air as you are doing. Can we get some side shots?? It looks good from the top.

6 Likes

I dont feel defoliation is neccesary right now. Taking a few strings and pulling the colas apart from each other to help open them up some would be suffice.

5 Likes

I agree with Greg and Ebb, I would only take off what is blocking bud sites or tuck the leaves back. Nice plants

3 Likes

Thank you all so much.

Sides Banner:

Sides Runtz:

9 Likes

Nice looking plants. Those are really developed for day 63 above ground

4 Likes

You all can take the credit (or blame from my girl). They’d be shiete without you all. :rofl: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

Looks really good in my opinion Growmie! Looks right where my autos or photos would be for 5 weeks in flower. I’ll do another defoliation at week 7 if needed :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

b7MtjZ8uhWMaHMsueA

2 Likes

Gimme Three Steps - not telling which slo-mo dancer I am :partying_face::partying_face::notes:

3 Likes

“Gimme Three Steps”…Great song! Love me some Skynyrd. Looks like youz were cuttin a rug!!

3 Likes

Yeah, those don’t need touched, let ‘em do their thing. Looking good.

4 Likes

I scorched some leaves by accident so I went ahead and did a bigger trimming on the Bruce Banner. She’s an auto at about day 42 in flower (+1 more week preflower) & day 70 out of soil.

I think I’m in decent shape, but wanted to get thoughts about any tweaks or changes I should consider. Thanks as always. (Runtz to follow :partying_face: )

4 Likes

Very nice “chunky” buds!! You will like your Runtz…I did at least…very fruity tone to them…I grew Runtz XL and Forbidden Runtz…Keep us posted on the grow!!

1 Like

Here’s where we’re at on day 77 - 11 weeks from breaking ground. Feedback re anything to do is more than welcome. Sorry about the pvc, I use it to make sure water gets everywhere.

Banner

Runtz

2 Likes