Day 35: Too Big and deficient? I must be doing something wrong.....right?

This is my first time growing anything ever so I have compensated with research. At this point Im looking for advise, which is greatly appreciated. I’ve kept detailed notes daily and recorded a timelapse since the beginning of week two. So far Ive 5 x Blue Dream (non-feminized) all started in solo cup at the same time in HF, 2 weeks later moved to 3 gal of 1/2 HF + 1/2 OC, 2 weeks later moved to 100% OF. I water every 2-3 days with Liquid Seaweed + Molasses in RO pH 6.6 - 6.8. I also brew a tea every week with COM Lobster Compost + WC + Liquid Seaweed + Molasses. Im thinking now that messed up by not amending my soil proper in the beginning. Maybe someone can look at the photos and tell me Im wrong but Im thinking Ive used up all the nutes that were in the OF. Yellow and dead tips start 2 days ago on 3 and the yellow leaves on 2. The other 2 are completely fine for now. I have topped twice (6th node, 3rd node) but havent yet perfected LST. So maybe that has something to do with the fact that, and again correct me if Im wrong but they seem 2 to 3 times larger than everything else Im seeing at 35 days since germination.

6 Likes

It looks like u have a magnesium def happening but apart from that ue planta look great i would give ur plants some epsom salts one tablespoons per gallon ,hey dont beat ur self up ur doin a great job like i said ur plants look great ,you want to do some defoliation on ur plants and some lst training if ur not sure how to do it go and have a look on YouTube

3 Likes

Hey thanks alot for taking a look. I was thinking Mag as well but wasnt sure about the epsom salts. How long until I can expect to see results and can that be picked up at the grocery store? We dont have any grow stores locally.

2 Likes

Deffo mag defic

1 Like

Im not to sure how long before u see a change maybe a few days to a week yes u can picked it up at wallmart

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, nice work and very fortunate on topping those autos twice and 2 transplants without a growth stunt. The FFOF medium is a good amended soil and has enough nutrients to feed those ladies to around week 4ish and has essential microbes, fungi ect. I usually start nutrients around this time and feed Recharge and Mykos once weekly. Does appear to be a mag deficiency and can be accompanied by a calcium deficiency. Calmag will be needed transitioning to flower. 3-5 ml per gallon. Do you have a TDS pen to check your run off?

2 Likes

Yes I have the Blue Lab METCOM. I havent grown any autos before, this being my first and starting these from seed (non-fem). Hoping there are some females in there but still a little fuzzy on sexing them. I did purchase nutrients in the planning phase, GH Trio but decided on 100% organic grow. If FFOF will be depleted after 4ish weeks that would explain my troubles. Getting those nutrients in the soil organically is proving to be difficult.

Those autos should be feminized, no light schedule needed as in 12/12 to flower them, I run 18/6, 6/2 12/12 lighting schedules. Just depends, but not necessary. I grow autos and throw some photos in occasionally. I use the Fox Farm Coco Loco, it’s light and airy and I feed daily to run off to prevent minerals and salts from building up in the root zone creating lock out and the ability to uptake nutrients. I run my nutrients at 1000 PPMs and 5.8-6.0 with coco and 6.5-6.8 in soil. Jacks 321 is the nutrient line I use :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Nice TDS pen, same as the one I use. Have you been checking the run off? That’ll tell how much nutrients to feed :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Thanks man. No I havent been checking it but also have been shooting for little runoff by watering slowly. I realized that I failed to mention that these are all photos. I wish I had got feminized though but rushed the purchase after reading about a long lead time from shipping. I might be wrong but I thought growing organically was focused on creating a living soil and using organic amendments without any synthetic nutrients?

1 Like

Should this read teaspoon?
tbs is a lot per gallon I use 1.5g per gallon normally

2 Likes

Same here, 1.4 grams

1 Like

Yah true my fault sorry i had alot on my mind

2 Likes

OG set things good. What do you have for lights? And if they’re photos like you say you’ll probably want to tie them down a little too keep them low and spread them out and flip your lights sooner than later. Those are lovely looking plants

1 Like

Tagging @MeEasy for help with a true organic/ living soil grow. Gotcha on the regular beans, time will tell after the flip, some have shown sex earlier, I run specifically feminizes seed :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag @OGIncognito , hello @diletone it looks like you are doing good don’t stress over a few light colored leaves that’s your plants using the nutrients from those leaves, it does mean that they are not getting enough from the soil so you can add magnesium simply as mentioned with epsom salt for a quick shot you can use 1/8 tsp in a quart size spray bottle and foliar spray them about 2 hour before lights on and or use the same strength mix in your next watering.
It’s very possible that because you are watering every 2-3 days your soil is drying out between watering which will decrease the population of your bacteria and fungi it’s important that soil never dries. It’s better when growing organic to water more frequently in smaller amounts. I water daily lifting the pots every once and a while to make sure they are wet enough and not to wet, watering is the hardest part of growing organic

4 Likes

Thanks for the pointers on living soil Brother :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Perfect exactly what I was looking for! I read somewhere about drenching and then letting them get the point just before drying out, but never actually dry out. I overwatered in the second week, having to transplant early to save them. Since then Ive been more on the underwater side of things. Im going to take your advice and see how smaller amounts more frequently works out for me.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for lending me a hand. The community here is great, it def feels better not to go at this alone. Im headed to the store to pick up some epsom salts and will report back with an update.

1 Like

High everyone! I’m a new grower. I have three growing & one had an accident so I put it aside & the other two I think I might get a little when it’s all said & done. My GSCE is I think kinda iffy, I’m not sure if the tips are burned from the light or the Alaska fish fertilizer I used? I put three drops (off of my finger) into a 2 liter bottle. So I screwed up 2. Maybe this one also? It is in pot4pot soil & I haven’t given it any Nutrients. The main cola is long & there are bud sights on the tips. It’s 6 weeks old today. I’m getting really discouraged :disappointed: I think I’m having issues with my light, it’s a 100 watt led board. Full spectrum, witch from what I have read doesn’t mean shit. I can’t afford a high dollar grow light sadly. I thought I could pretty much grow an auto with almost any light? From what I have read! It is Blueberry Auto From I​:heart:GM. I started them on a 24 hr. Light schedule for the first 3 wks. Then switched them to 20 on 4 off. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :sun_with_face: :potted_plant: :heart:

1 Like