Day 26- White Widow CBD Auto - Please evaluate and comment- Thanks!

@FirstTimer1 Thanks for the tag, I appreciate it. I wish I could help, but I can’t legally even start my first grow for 3 weeks :wink: I only know what I’ve read here, but they sure look good to me. I’ll definitely be following along!

1 Like

Lookin real good to my eye. Those pics give me something to look forward to with my grow! Thanks for the tag.

2 Likes

Nice work looks like a great harvest in your future

1 Like

Can only wish that mine will look half as good as yours. Thanks for the tag!

1 Like

Stay the course man looking good!! Thanks for the tag.

1 Like

Thanks for the inclusion, your plants look amazing!!

1 Like

Good job, I’m sure it feels good, and will feel even better in a few more weeks.

Looks really nice! I picked up some of these seeds but will probably wait until next season to start them (I grow outdoors).

I got 5 and they all germinated/sprouted great. They’ve been easy to grow…except the past week or so they do have some signs of either ‘nute burn’ or maybe a calcium deficiency…trying to remedy with flushing and adding cal-mag.

2 Likes

Thanks for hitting me up, I enjoyed watching u do ur thing, u asked all the rite questions, to all the rite people. N you didn’t take the easy way, topping, femm’n, LST, for a first timer I salute u. So my question is what did u learn?

Nice purple creeping in there on the White Widow! :purple_heart::heart_eyes:

The clear to cloudy bit can take longer than you realise. Don’t be in too much of a rush to harvest. You’ll be grateful you waited once you do.

Also I think maybe some of your pics are showing sugar leaves as opposed to focussing on the buds. The sugar leaves will show amber well before the buds are ripe just FYI :pray::purple_heart:

1.) Lights are important and companies are selling lights which are not accurately rated. New growers look at lighting and try to cut costs; which is understandable. But, lighting is much more important than a newbie grower might realize.
2.) I also didn’t know that PH is so critical. Another foundational fact. I have a cheap PH meter that is not really accurate, so I bought a PH Up, PH down kit…much more accurate.
3.) Nutrients are a challenge. I’m using Happy Frog and a little Ocean Forest. Too much nutes? I dosed them 1/4 at first because everyone experienced on this forum said ‘dont over-nutrient-ise’ (is that a word?) But, i’m still not totally clear on how much and when. My PPM meter is decent…the Happy Frog seems like it has alot of nutrients in it already.
4.) Not sure about the difference of ‘organic’ versus ‘chemical’ fertiliser. I also am not sure if Auto’s eat ‘alot’ or ‘not much’.
5.) The auto plant I didnt ‘top’ but just did faitly aggressive ‘low-stress training’ to make sure the shoots come up in a canopy produced the biggest side cola and side colas. The plant I topped is half the size of the one I didnt. The other one, just low stress trained is about half-way in between the two- size wise. In the future, i dont think I will Top an auto again.
6.) Speaking of autos…I understand now that a photo period plant gives you more time to ‘work out problems’ than with an auto…I also didnt realise that you CAN work out/lessen a problem.

So, I’d say that I want to learn more about fertiliser. Not sure about FoxFarm ‘Grow Big’ and ‘Tiger Bloom’. Everyone says ‘Jack’s’ is real good. Also, this website sells fertiliser.

I do like auto’s, though. I’m gonna order one more ‘5=batch’ of high CBD auto…and then I want to try growing photoperiod. One thing about Ocean Forest and Happy Frog though…my regualr garden is just bloomin’ burstin’ with the leftover fertiliser ph’d water…I’ve never seen a grape vine grow like this nor my tomatoe plants! So, that soil is definitly loaded and packs a punch…just not sure of it is maybe too strong for auto cannabis?

2 Likes

Thats good to know…when I check again I’m gonna try and zoom in on the buds. Do people throw away the sugar leaves or smoke them? Or is there plenty of ‘goodness’ in the buds so we dont need the sugary leaves?

Thanks for the tip…I’m checking the trichomes every day. That one plant is way ahead of the others…

1 Like

Thanks for looking in…leaves started getting brown tips and some yellow but added Cal-Mag and its much less after about a week now.

1 Like

Thanks for checking it out!

I credit this forum for the great advice freely given and the well-wishes. For a newbie its a steep learning curve and its great not to have to ‘reinvent the wheel’…the best advice I got was learning about the importance of PH and getting better lighting.

1 Like

Thanks! What other strains do you like?

Thank you! I appreciate you watching the Grow!

Your welcome! Im glad you looked in on them!