Day 12 leaf edges turning up slightly

Hey all. First post. I’m on day 12, indoor grow, organic soil, Lowryder 2 autos. I think I’m good, but The leaf edges are beginning to turn upwards a little. No real discoloration or anything. Guess my light may be a little too close? I’m using a Phlizon ph-2000, and two Bonloe cob/led lights on each side of the Phlizon. Currently hanging at approx 22” from canopy. Any Thoughts/ideasimage

?

Perfectly normal. Just getting adjusted to growing.

3 Likes

Where is my manors…must have let someone borrow them…

Welcome to the forum great people around to help you!

2 Likes

Right on, that’s whT I was hoping to hear :+1:. Thanks for the welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to the community.Like @Zee said

2 Likes

Thanks y’all. I believe these lights are gonna work out alright. I was a little worried about using led’s, but they’re surprising me so far. Here’s a few more pics. Two Lowrider 2’s and two Blueberrys at 12 days. One tangerine dream 10 days, and one white widow (just hatched :hatching_chick:)

3 Likes

They look tiny in those five gallon pots lmao

1 Like

They do. One thing you can do, if you keep seeing curly leaves, is adjust the light, see how she reacts, new grow is a great time to adjust things, see what they do, etc. Cool you’re growing weed with us!

1 Like

Yes they do. Did you germinate them in solo cups or straight into 5 gal pots. Just be careful with watering them in those pots. Less is better

2 Likes

Did the Wet paper towel method, once they grew tails I put em right into the big pots. Most of the reading I’ve been doing in autos recommends to plant them in their permanent residence

That’s one thing I like about these fabric pots, I just Slowly water a small circle around them Til it drains out. I’ll start watering the whole pot once they grow into it.

@T-ROY I grow autos to i germinate them in solo cups then transplant them into fabric pots when there bigger. Some growers do it either way to avoid stress. when i put them in the bigger pot i give them 100 ml of water to start then slowly up it as they grow

1 Like

I may go that route next grow as well. It is a bit of a chore to avoid drowning em in the 5 gal pots :+1:

Day 16, starting to spread out nice :+1:

? What exactly are you using to grow in. Not the bags themselves, what is the mixture I see? Is it like that all the way top to bottom of bag?

I’m trying to better understand why I see so much vermiculite and the other percolite? Are you relying on added nutrients instead of actual organic material that the vermiculite displaces?

Why do you water it until it floods out the bottom? Is this how you “charge up” the nutrient content of your growth medium? Checking the drainage for Ph and nutrient levels? Does saturation cause a negative reaction with relative humidity, meaning do I have to now worry about a dehumidifier in an enclosed room?

I’m sorry that’s a lot of questions. I’m not in a rush for answers, and it’s ok please answer them on my journal page or maybe tag me in a more appropriate thread Tia

1 Like

I’m using 25% miracle grow organics container mix, 25% worm castings, 25% peat moss, and 25% perlite. It makes a nice light, airy medium. Plants seem to dig it. Not using any additional fertilizers/food.
I water the five gallon pots slowly til I get about 10% run-off every two or three days. It’s hard to overwater in these, especially with the added perlite.

1 Like

Hey @T-ROY. Looking good so far. Question about the miracle grow part. All the posts I have read since beginning this journey in May have said a big no no to using MG. Does it have time release nutrients already in the mix? You may want to look into that as future watering may lead to nute burn, especially when you begin giving additional nutes yourself.

Perhaps the low percentage in the overall mix may be okay. I would have a contingency plan to transplant if it gets problematic. :call_me_hand:t3:

Continued success.

1 Like

I’m only using the “organics” container mix from mg. That and the worm castings seem to be plenty of nutes. I’m using five gallon pots and looking at a 2-3 month grow, should be plenty of nutes to last to harvest?
I love the worm castings, as you cannot give the plants too much. It won’t burn the plants.

I started bending/lst training on the two Lowryders today. I had some leftover Rubber coated chain link fence ties that seem to work pretty good for holding em down. I’m hoping for bushes with several fat colas on each at harvest. They look pretty sad laid over on their side though lol

3 Likes