Day 12 I think it’s White Powdery Mildew?

This is my first grow and I noticed white stuff on the leaves after some research I figured it’s could possibly be white powdery mildew I just ordered some Lost Coast Plant Therapy to hopefully combat whatever it is but you guys are the experts so what do you think the cause might be??? I just wanna grow sum fresh bud not sum contaminated bs I’m using 50/50 Coco Perlite mix I greatly appreciate any feedback I can get.

2 Likes

Hydrogen peroxide is very effective and a whole lot less expensive.

Are you using a humidifier with tap water? It could be minerals that were aerosolized by the humidifier.

4 Likes

I agree because the white in the veins. WPM is usually more round spots, that can be rubbed off, and often between veins. Yours looks like something on the viens

1 Like

How should I use the Hydrogen Peroxide?? and honestly I have just been using a spray bottle with PH balanced water I currently do not have a humidifier

What do you think it could be ??

I dont know, never ran into that. I had wpm on vegetables so I know that one.

looks more like water deposits. Use demineralized / RO / distilled water.

4 Likes

ahh maybe that’s why I’m not familiar with it. My leaves don’t see a drop of water after I take the domes off. Dry their entire life… after about a week

1 Like

I spritz my babies as well, and just looks like the water evaporated on the leaves leaving water spots or cal deposits. Don’t worry I freaked out too on my first grow.

4 Likes

You give me hope homie assuming it is just water how should I clean it ? And is there anyway I can prevent it ??

anybody have a waterboy meme High Quality H2O… now would be a good time.
You don’t have to spray mist it now. Just let it grow a bit and see if the new growth continues to do that, or clear up.

2 Likes

Yes, just spritz it on your next water cycle. Get the leaves good and wet, then with a rubber glove on gently rub your finger over the top of the leaf to clean. Also after I spritz I jiggle the plant a little to make sure the water droplets run off. Big droplets could in theory cause magnification issue from grow lights, thus burning your plant. Although I have not encountered this.

1 Like

Spray with demineralized / RO / distilled water.

1 Like

Looks to me the leaves could have gotten wet. Looks like my leaves after they’ve had a soap/water spray and dried

1 Like

I appreciate all of yall for the info

2 Likes

3 Likes