Day 1 Grow Journal, 2 x White Widow...first grow ever!

DAY 7

Lesson learned…my little plants did very little other than sprouting in the peat plugs (will NOT use again!). After no growth what so ever yesterday, I did a transplant out of the plugs and into peat pots; 1" of perlite on the bottom, for drainage, and put 3" of Fox Farm Ocean Forest on the top. To be sure there weren’t too many nutrients, to burn the little ones, I flushed both pots very, very well.

That was two hours ago and just checked on the little ones; I’m not seeing any transplant shock, well watered with 6.5 water, humidity is 42% and temp is 79 degrees. I hope my little ones pick up.:cry:

Fox farm doesn’t burn plants, people who feed too soon and too hard burn plants

I have 3 plants right now that have been getting a 20% nute solution in Fox Farms ocean Forest since they were seedlings just to prove that it’s not a hot soil

Nothing but Healthy Growth I’d recommend you cut it with 20% perlite and Just Go With It, just don’t feed it for at least three weeks and then 20%

3 Likes

I’m pulling for them bro :pray::wink:
Good luck :v:

1 Like

Thanks @Paranorman, not feeding anything but Ph water. I’m just hoping I didn’t permanently hurt them by using those plugs in the first place. I’ll check again later and see if any improvement.

Day 8

Plant on the left is getting worse, don’t think she’s going to make it. Plant on the right seems a bit stronger. Misting when the tops dry out, watered both well this morning because the pots were very light. Maintaining temp and Ph. I hope the one on the left pulls through.

I’m not sure if you filled out a support ticket but you might want to if you haven’t and also some better pictures might help and maybe we can find out what’s wrong and get you back on track

That’s a good idea, @Paranorman; I guarantee that it was the peat plugs that I used…and will never use again…that gave a bad start to the little girls. I’ll get some better pictures, I was sort of rushed today with getting everything put together for Christmas and decorating and getting a tree up. You know, controlled chaos. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is my help ticket…

Strain; White Widow Fem

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? FFOF

System type? soil in a 3’ x 3’ x 6’ indoor grow tent

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? 6.0

What is strength of nutrient mix? n/a, they’re too young

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor

Light system, size? 30w CFL

Temps; Day, Night: 77 day and night

Humidity; 40-50%

Ventilation system; the space heater pulls air in from the outside, open tent about 4x per day

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,: n/a

Co2; No

*Started both seeds in a peat pellet, big mistake! The seedlings should be farther more along but they seem to be recovering a bit

Day 9

The plant on the right appears to be recovering from the transplant and growing a little bit. The plant on the left is having a hard time but it’s not laying over or producing any leaves…I’m keeping it there to see what it does.

Oh no! :face_with_thermometer: Come on little babies, you can do it!

I really hope they pull through – I’m rooting for you!

2 Likes

They should start to pickup now roots are getting what they want

1 Like

You need some recharge , voodoo juice , Mykos , Azos , a Super Thrive B-1 red and green label , great white shark , tarantula , pirahna , Rhizotonic , and a 6 ounce spray bottle to mist around seedlings base not water the hole cup .

@super_newby . 2 pieces of advice don’t wait next time till they have sucha long leg 1/4 inch or less then plant , when they get that long , if you look close youll see little white fuzzy’s forming . . don’t damage those . Next Don’t go feeding them a WHOLE bunch of crap rite off . use simple methods and use as few as possible products until you have a handle on it . you Don’t need the 10 products listed above to achieve great success …
Hammer .

2 Likes

@Yoshi please refrain form telling a new to growing person that they need 10-11 products .he does not . OR Ill ask you to define each one and how they work … as stand alones and or how they work symbiotically together … :confounded::grimacing:
Hammer .

6 Likes

Day 10

Thank you for the info everyone! I’m just leaving them alone, giving them Ph’s water, lots of light, warmth and humidity. When I checked on them this afternoon, they are still alive and may be growing a little. I’ll take another picture tomorrow.

1 Like

sounds good , super_newbie. and don’t feed them till they have 4-5 true leaf sets …
Hammer.

1 Like

Absolutly @Hammer. Sadly, the little one that isn’t doing anything is dying so I started to germinate another seed this evening. Hopefully it’ll have a little tail in the morning so I can pop it in the soil…peat pellets have been thrown away so we don’t have another disaster.

Sorry everyone, I haven’t been around in a while. After I had the little seedling die on me, I really poured into the studies so it doesn’t happen again. Here’s what I have growing now…

The larger plant is the original that I planted on the 8th of December; it wasn’t growing very well so I had to do some adjustments. I now have a 300W LED along with the original CFL and it’s starting to take off. Even though I had enough heat going (77 degrees mostly), I didn’t have nearly the humidity that I needed (would top out at 30%) so I put a little humidifier in my tent also and got the humidity up to 50% to 60%. In the last couple of days, the larger plant has been working on it’s 3rd set of leaves and looks like it’s doing well.

I also received an early Christmas present…the new Aerogarden with the LEDs and it extends up to 24" instead of the previous 12". Just for thrills, I put one of my White Widow seeds in it and put and aerator in the water reserve. Tonight, after 3 days, the first leaves have popped into the little dome cover. I’m very curious to see what that one does.

Anyway, I’ll try to post more pictures more regularly now that I think I have a handle on what I’m doing.

4 Likes

I suggest reading tons of information while growing , and make as many written notes as possible helps .

3 Likes

I am trying, @Yoshi; I just checked the plants and they’re all doing well! The largest one looks really green and lush, the little seedling has stood up and the first set of leaves is visible. I also checked my Aerogarden…the one seed I put in there is already an inch tall and the first set of leaves is growing!!

I am pouring over all of the information I can find and I think things are finally coming together for me and my little girls!