Dark mode for mobile?

I think this depends on operating system, app, and version in use. May be easy for some but not so much for others. I don’t think will be that big of deal, just need someone with admin rights to take a look. They’re all on opposite schedules than us and have other pressing responsibilities.

Soon as we can make progress i will report back here with instructions on how to proceed.

3 Likes

I smoke, alot! So never in a rush :sunglasses:
Just glad it was brought up :+1:

2 Likes

All exactly correct. I adminned a vBulletin forum for years and back then creating a skin was a hassle but doable. I made one for my forum back in '05 or so but I was the one who wanted it so I didn’t mind the extra work! :smile:
I’m guessing its easier these days.

I can say that it’s definitely an OS thing whether you can force a site into dark mode - Apple ecosystem devices dont have that feature. Some Android devices can do it though and there’s browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox if you’re nerdy enough.

2 Likes

I’m nerdy enough to kinda know, but definitely not nerdy enough to do it.

I can’t see these settings here to know for sure, but I’m pretty sure our software already has this function. Soon as we can get someone to look it should be as easy as clicking button on one of the “preferences” tabs.

2 Likes

The joke in the shop goes: you know enough to be dangerous :rofl:

30% of the repairs I perform fall under “client worked on it themselves”

2 Likes

Depending on category, this could be true. Definitely so in tems of this. In different line of work I’m the guy that goes to fix things that people who are suppose to know can’t fix. So I’ve been on plenty of those jobs.

2 Likes

Dark mode would be awesome. I wouldn’t have to turn my display down to like 3 while im on here :joy:

That’s possible! We are working on it as we speak. Should be available later today.

9 Likes

Hi everybody! Just letting you know that I’ve added Dark Mode support as well as updated some of the other colors on here to be more in line with the ILGM colors (can’t believe we did not do that before).

The theme color should now change along with your device settings. You can also manually change it by browsing to Preferences > Interface > Color Scheme. I realize that’s a few too many steps for some so I’m still working on implementing a toggle in the hamburger menu to easily switch themes on the fly.

Please let me know if you see any visual quirks (Dark Mode is a notorious website styling-breaker) or have trouble with the setting.

EDIT: It seems a toggle in the menu is not a viable option so instead I’ve added a shortcut to the Preferences page for easy access. To be clear: you should not need to touch anything as Dark Mode is activated automatically when your device is in Dark Mode.

I hope this meets your expectations and that you now enjoy late-night forum browsing even more!

11 Likes

Hey buddy thanks for the fast response for us :muscle:
I’m seeing the new red but nothing dark.

2 Likes

I’m no techy but I couldn’t get it simply. I’ll have to keep playing with my settings

1 Like

Got it !!! Saaaaaweeeeeeet :heart_eyes::joy::rofl::heart_eyes::joy::rofl:
Ahh the simple things in life make me so happy, I’ll smoke to that :green_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

Any tips buddy? :rofl:

1 Like

@Underthestairs ,I did this :point_up:

I was trying to get ya buddy, still kinda slow this morn :wink:

1 Like

Just found it. Wasn’t clicking in the right place. Very exciting… now my phone won’t die so fast because of how much time I fool around on here with y’all

Yes… slow this morning

1 Like

Layman’s terms, hit your pic up top, then the shilloute ,click preference, then left side click interface and you’ll see dark up top

1 Like

Been up 40 minutes and I’m already on cup 2 bowl 2, it’s friiiiiiiiday.
Was supposed to do 3 week defol this eve but shop flooded again :angry::rage::angry: I’ma have to dig

1 Like

Ooof. Good luck man

1 Like

Yeah I haven’t found a hoe or digger yet so it’s just me and good ole back, but I gotta get this done. Kinda sad when you walk in the shop :frowning: and takes a couple days to dry out. But on a good note, hadin filled the humi in a couple days,lol

1 Like