Dankloud's Cannabonsai & Herb Garden!

Do you think the driver manufacturer matters? I can get 2 single board kits but it would be with 2 Mean Well drivers and not Inventronics… I heard Inventronics was better. This is about as far as I want to go with the whole DIY thing right now.

1 Like

For what you are doing, you wouldn’t notice any difference between meanwell and invertronics. However, you could essentially buy two of these

Then get whatever driver you would like. I could help you get the rest of stuff thst would be included in kit on Amazon. Then maybe just bolt heatsinks together with 2 small pieces of aluminum.

3 Likes

Sounds like a plan! Go ahead and send me the pertinent Amazon link for the knickknacks.

https://www.amazon.com/Wago-221-412-LEVER-NUTS-Conductor-Connectors/dp/B06XH6WW4D/?tag=greenrel-20

https://www.amazon.com/FX-Junction-Waterproof-Electrical-Connector/dp/B07HVGFXQM/?tag=greenrel-20

https://www.amazon.com/NTE-Electronics-WHS18-08-25-Solid-Length/dp/B008UFZ098/?tag=greenrel-20

https://www.amazon.com/Prime-PS010608-8-Feet-Replacement-Supply/dp/B0022NH7G8/?tag=greenrel-2p

That is stuff that comes in the kit. You only need 2 wago connectors and 1 waterproof barrel connector if you do single driver, but those are smallest quantities i could find reasonably on Amazon. I think I linked 8’ power cord, but you can buy longer or shorter based on your need. Most of the time I use piece of outdoor extension cord lol. Obviously you could sub any of things I linked for a number of items too.

Boards and heatsinks should come with hardware too. If not you can get from local ace or big box home important store. Depending on which driver you get, may need dimmer too. Personally would probably get meanwell hlg-240h-c2100a with built in dimmer and call it a day. That again is up to you.

3 Likes

Got ya! I will just get the driver you recommended. Now when it comes to adjusting these, I don’t have to worry about over powering the boards with this much power correct? If I turn the knob up, no explosions? As far as wiring, does series or parallel matter?

3 Likes

Nope. Driver i listed was included with qb260 kits using 288 boards at one time. Boards would be wired in series with this driver.

3 Likes

I can’t wait to see that thing together. Living vicariously as equipment addict over here.

5 Likes

Ah right series of course. It was getting late last night and my brain was shutting down, I couldn’t figure out how to formulate the sentence “I will get the 2 boards and put them side by side lengthwise”

Only other question is how do I mount the two boards together

1 Like

There is holes in the corners of them, I would just use 2 pieces of aluminum angle maybe 14-16 inches wide and run some small bolts through the holes and into the aluminum. I guess you could build a whole box frame out of aluminum too. You will have options, just depends on how rigid you want it.

3 Likes

Everything ordered! Will tag you when it’s complete @dbrn32 !

3 Likes

Sweet! I’m sure I’ll be around if you need anything.

3 Likes

Looks like everything will be arriving Monday and Tuesday! Wednesday is when I am probably going to install it because I’m off that day.

I will probably be seeing you on Wednesday @MaD-VapoR. Unless I get lazy and wait till Friday to get it lol.

On a sad note…

Something is wrong with the Spearmint :frowning: Time to research.

5 Likes

Looks like the Spearmint is going in the garbage… Some kind of thing called Mint Rust. When I brought this home, it was the best looking plant I saw there out of the spearmints… but it did look a little messed up to begin with if you look at the first picture with it. It affects others Mints, so I am getting rid of it.

2 Likes

Still a little upset about getting rid of the spearmint… :frowning:

Blueberry got her second training today! I am trying to keep the growth contained to the outside of the pot, so there is one main stem and all the growth is concentrated outward from the pot. If I had started earlier I could’ve gotten a better shape to begin with, but she was do leggy that the stem felt very fragile. I’m almost thinking of main lining one of the other plants…

5 Likes

Looks like @dbrn32 has you sorted for the lighting.

As for your plant/plants you get better with every attempt. It just takes alot of reading and proper environmental control.

@dbrn32 So everything but the light came in today. Decided to get a head start and connect the power cable to the driver. Look good?

3 Likes

Sure does

1 Like

See the rubber plug at bottom of pic there next to it adjust? Pinch the plug and remove it to access dimming pot. Use a #1 Phillips and turn it to left to lower intensity for when you fire it up.

1 Like

Might need your help with connect driver to board. I am assuming I use one wago connector on the + of driver, then wire from that connector to the + on the first board, then negative on that board to positive on the second board, then negative of that board to negative of driver will another connector? I understand I don’t need to use all 4 terminals on the boards?

3 Likes

That’s exactly right

1 Like