Dankloud's Cannabonsai & Herb Garden!

Curious, if you ph before you add the fishpoo, don’t you still have to PH final product? Can you give a better explanation of the mixing process you are suggesting?

With Fish Sh!t you mix nutes, then pH, then add Sh!t. No pH’ing after adding. This is what @hellraiser had said and I even sent an email to them and they confirmed.

3 Likes

I almost want to cut these and start over in my new planter… These plants probably wont even yield an ounce put together… Dammit idk what to do :sob: Wish I could start one in veg right now, but with only 1 tent, it’s not possible…

Let them ride man…don’t chop them down! You’re almost there! Next grow do a couple plants, maybe one and let it grow a little bit bigger. I know you have to keep them small, but if you keep doing what you’ve been doing, you’ll be in the same boat again. Just my .02

4 Likes

If you’re doing full strength Jacks with 2.4g of calcium nitrate it’s hard to believe that it’s lacking in calcium or nitrogen, specially in mid flowering when the needs for those nutrients generally go down. I’d think that you’re getting some nutrient lockout. I’d flush her soil with a few gallons of ph adjusted water and then give a full feeding with last gal or half gal of water, basically do a soil reset.

Yes, check the roots as well, any root problems will cause problems up top.

4 Likes

Right, my next plan is to use this planter I got on Amazon, and do it as a mainline/manifold.
Here is the post with a picture if you missed it

So the idea is to let it grow till the 4th or 5th node, top down to the 3rd node, then remove the lower 2 nodes so you are left with one node, with a branch going both directions, which is then tied down to the planter. Idk if you remember the YouTube video I showed you months ago, but that’s what I’m doing.

1 Like

Roger! I will give them a good flush with straight 6.5.

4 Likes

I’m with the others… let them ride! Still better to have a z of you’re own than nothing for this amount of time!

If the roots are easy to check… awesome. @Arrow also prunes roots as needed for upper plant health.

Don’t call it a day till you can give us a smoke report :metal:

3 Likes

Yeah you guys are right. I don’t need to be getting all worked up over it… Just getting a little emotional because I thought I would have a green thumb and want to keep hitting the reset button to do better on the next run because the next run still feels so far away! :sob:

3 Likes

This is what I was doing for a couple weeks when I had one plant with issues popping up…worked pretty well.

3 Likes

Quick stupid question …what is your VPD like ?..:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Aahhaha XD Literally made me laugh out loud

1 Like

Doing this is how I got my plant through 7 weeks with root rot, would’ve died sooner. Ultimately it did not save the plant but definitely gave me long enough to get 3 or 4 ounces :+1:

4 Likes

Ok So I flushed all 3 with 3 liters of water each, runoff was about 6.4 pH and EC about 0.3. Went ahead and fed full strength, and added some Recharge separately.

Also did some defoliation… Fingers smelling amazing again lol

4 Likes

I appreciate that @Hellraiser said to do it that way. It was very nice of them to fire off an email, confirming your understanding of the directions they put out there. I am trying to understand why.
Im confused by adding manure to something and that not affecting the over all ph of the solution. I know if I use horse poo in Mushroom propagation the PH of my substrate will need to be adjusted, let alone any other nutes I’ve added to the enriched soil I’ve created. That being said I realize that Im comparing apples and oranges with mushies and plants but I would like to know some of the science, the reason for the need to, mix nutes in a specific order, ph before adding certain nutes, then in other instances I’ve seen directions to ph add nute then ph again. I have been having a hard time getting these specific answers. In example, I just found out a couple days ago that you are supposed to mix silica blast in before calmag, I asked why and got answered to follow a feeding schedule like FF’s and follow their order listed.

As you can see calmag and silica aren’t even listed on FF feeding schedule nor does it suggest which products do, so you can kinda come up with your own should you need other then FF nutes, if I was useing the whole line up I’m sure I could just follow the list but I’m not. Only using 4 of there products. Can anyone direct me?

1 Like

If anyone who frequents my journal would be able to answer that, I would assume it would be @Hellraiser , but yeah I understand what you mean. Sometimes you get conflicting information and you are just sitting there scratching your head wondering why…

3 Likes

The purpose of adding Fishsh!t is not quite similar to adding manure. Manure is a fertilizer loaded with nutrients and used in quantities that is useful for feeding the plants. Fishsh!t in the tiny amounts used is not acting like a fertilizer, we’re only using enough of it to get the beneficial microbes that exist in the fish poop into our soil/medium where they will help break down nutrients to where the plant’s roots can uptake them better. This tiny amount of Fishsh!t does not affect ph.

I tested the ph of my water/feed before and after adding Fishsh!t and the ph was not affected. The directions on the bottle said to add after ph’ing which I followed but I test everything to make sure I’m not putting something with a really high or low ph into my medium.

The reason to mix nutes in a certain order is to prevent certain chemicals from reacting to each other and turning into compounds that are not usable by the plant.

While not common sense, there is a certain order that should be used when mixing nutes:

1. Silica goes first if using (most silica products will tell you to add it first in the directions)
  2. CalMag next if using (some growers don’t need calmag if using tap water so not a universal need)
  3. Part A of your nutes, followed by Part B, Part C, etc…
  4. After all parts of the nutes have been added, then ph adjust (6.5 for soil, 5.8 for coco, 5.6 hydro)
  5. Add beneficial microbes (like Fishsh!t or Recharge), they do not affect ph and the makers recommend adding after water/feed ph is adjusted so the microbes are not killed off by abnormally high or low ph.
6 Likes

Most informative, thank you.

3 Likes

Here’s some pics of the Blueberry. Looking good to me! I think this one branch is tipping over, but I’m not sure if it’s from the bud weight. I will say when I shake it the buds sway for a good bit before settling and I gently squeezed one of them just a bit to get an idea of how dense they were and I must say I’m impressed so far.

6 Likes

So I bagged up the catnip and oregano. Cat doesn’t seem to care for the catnip of course… So I guess that was a waste of time… Maybe @MaD-VapoR wants to take some home to his cats?

1 Like