Dankloud's Cannabonsai & Herb Garden!

@Underthestairs literally loled. XD

@Hellraiser got ya. Time to think. And look at my tent and plan this before I just buy stuff. Good point on doing two separate units. I think I will go that direction because I just remembered I do have an issue with clearance with my current light because of my filter pushing it towards the back of the tent. I need to get in there and figure that out too… Also don’t know if I trust the tent support to support 2 lights with those heatsinks. Do I need the heatsinks? I assume I do or they wouldn’t come with them…

2 Likes

Can you get your fan mounted outside the tent and only have the vent intake through the hole?

My fan is outside the tent, sitting on top, but I have my activated carbon filter inside the tent. That is where the problem is. It is recommended to pull through the filter for best results, and it keeps the fan itself from sucking up crap and going bad quicker or needing to be cleaned quicker. So I am unsure of how to situate it so I can still pull through the filter, but have it not obstruct the light hangers.

1 Like

What about a regular cloth filter intake and carbon filter on exhaust? I’m certainly no HVAC pro, but I can’t imagine it’s much different for the fan.

I have no intake fan. Just passive on the bottom. carbon filter is on the exhaust. One sec. I will get a pic.

1 Like

Does this work?

Edit: yeah just click there. Overview of my setup. A little different now, but that’s how the filter is. The fan is sitting on top of the top supports. Cloudline s4

@Hellraiser actually, would it be feasible even if I couldn’t get both in there as main lights, to use one as a side light? Then I could even use the SF1000 as a side light too! XD

1 Like

Yep, heatsinks are needed if running more than 55 watts per led board, which you would obviously want to do.

3 Likes

That’s weird. Why doesn’t my SF1000 use a heatsink? It is supposedly 95watts. Or is it not really? lol

1 Like

The SF1000 just uses it’s metal casing as a heatsink, which does not work as well as the actual heatsinks that HLG uses.

I see where you save some space, In the pic below, the carbon filter is much lower than it can be. I strap the carbon filter directly to a top support rod and that would buy you about 6 inches of extra space.

Best to get them on top of the plants, could maybe put one HLG 135 on either side of the carbon filter or could not be an issue if you moved the carbon filter up as I mentioned, or even move it out of the tent and blow thru it rather than sucking from it.

4 Likes

Yeah I just gotta get straps and strap them up there. wonder if I could get the ratchet hooks to work for that. Thanks for the tip!

Just thought about the heat they would put out too… Hmm… Maybe not the best idea. :frowning: I want the light power dang it! Might just do 1 instead of 2.

2 Likes

If you can fit 560mm strips in, just diy with them. Fill up hlg-185 driver with strip of choosing and call it a day. Something like bridgelux i bet you could do $200 or less.

3 Likes

So you don’t have an inline fan the filter hooks up to?

Sitting on top of the tent.

I’d put that inline fan on your wire shelf with the carbon filter on is exhaust and stick the intake hose in that same hole.

1 Like

I can think of a couple ways to clear out the tent. But I’ve never seen his closet and what he’s dealing with.

Have at it.

Zip tie it to that hanger bar?

Or stand the filter face down and put the inline on top?

3 Likes

@Underthestairs When you say “Stand the filter face down and put the inline on top” what exactly do you mean?

I think I am going to do like @Hellraiser said and jus strap it on a single support rod… It just scares me to put the weight on one rod :frowning: I don’t want my babies squished!

1 Like

Those supports are pretty strong…and you’re dealing with a 2 foot span…not that flimsy.

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking this too… Not a lot of length so shouldn’t be bad… Here I go! gulp

Thanks for the push XD @MaD-VapoR