Dankloud grows dank bud

Its just a single seed. Yes it is feminized. We actually do have a dehumidifier already, though I may buy a dehumidifier/humidifier combo if such a thing exists. Only issue is I don’t have a ton of room for things at this point.

1 Like

I set mine up right outside the tent even when it’s closed it still seems to do the trick although now I have it I. Their cause it’s cooler so when it kicks on it throws a little heat.

2 Likes

If you start your journal tomorrow can you please tag me in @MaD-VapoR @Dankloud im set to follow your grow if you don’t mind.

2 Likes

More the merrier!

1 Like

Small update. Tail is just starting to push out of the seed. Visible, but not actually protruding out of the seed yet… Will most likely be putting into a solo cup tonight after work, or tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Also going to tag in the guy that I’ve studied his journals the most… @Hellraiser. Any input is appreciated oh great powerful one.

3 Likes

Tagging in another! @Eagles009

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag!

You might want hold off a bit longer than two weeks before feeding starting in happy frog, but if your trying to push the envelope right on.

If you can get that filter outside the tent either above or on the side you can milk another foot of grow space.

Looks like a good plan. Well thought out. Your gonna rock this grow!

2 Likes

Thanks! From what I have seen, most people who use FF Happy Frog specifically usually say after 2 weeks is good to start full strength, but I am still a bit nervous so that’s why I am going to do a half strength feeding first… Might grow some balls and just do a full strength though. However when using the Ocean Forest most people say wait 4 weeks.

2 Likes

Those sound like awfully short time frames to be depleting five gallons of that soil. I figure you would get closer to a month of veg out of five gallons of happy frog and more like six weeks out of five gallons of ocean forest…but I’ve been wrong before. I would double check with some folks on here who use it but if you’ve already done that then disregard what I’m saying.

@kellydans would have an informed opinion I believe.

5 Likes

From my research I keep finding 2-4 weeks. Maybe will start a quarter dose at 2 weeks then increase by a quarter till at full strength.

3 Likes

I certainly did my share of trial and error. Not trying to talk you out of anything. I would definitely go with your gut and jacks is pretty gentle anyway IME. I just gave a full strength dose of it to a seedling in dirt. She’s burning a little but not as bad as I thought she would.

2 Likes

Happy Frog should carry plants about 4 weeks. Ocean Forest will go longer. If your plants are pretty and green I would definitely go with half strength the last thing you want to do is burn them up. You can always add more later. Just my thoughts good luck

1 Like

Thanks for the input! I will wait 4 weeks and see what happens then… Probably do half strength, then full strength afterwards.

2 Likes

Yeah start with low doses as plants need it. I’m always pushing the plants more than most so usually start feeding before others think necessary.

3 Likes

Thank you for the wisdom, master!

Small update:
Just found out a new term… Mainlining. That is what I was envisioning with this grow, so I will be going that route. That is the kind of “LST” I was wanting to perform.

3 Likes

Maybe it isn’t Mainlining… IDK, This is what I am going for: straight-lst

However I am going to have the mainline bent around the pot…

And obviously not as many colas.

I don’t know what kind of training you would define it as lol…

I guess just regular LST?

1 Like

OK, so… I did some dumb things. Took a lot of balls to even type up this post, admitting my dumbassedness. shame

I saw on a YouTube video from Mannys Cannabonsai that he planted his seed with only the taproot in the soil, with the rest of the seed sticking out. Well I thought it would be cool to be able to see everything happening above ground, so I decided to try it… Stupid idea.

As the days went on, I felt that the shell was not opening up as much as it should have, so I started reading stuff online with people saying that not putting the seed fully in the soil, will make it so the shell stays dry and hard, which would make it difficult for the shell to fall off. After reading that I got nervous and started spritzing a bit more water on the seed, and using another cup to cover it to hold it moisture.

A bit more time passed and the shell seemed like it was loosening up. Due to some even worse advice I read online, I ended up picking off the shell, because what I read said that due to the time that was already lost, it could die if I dont do something with the shell… Shell came off nicely, just a little of the membrane was left.

Noticed that after I picked up the solo cup, the seedling seemed to be loose. I used a lot of perlite in the solo cup, and was later told that I really dont need the perlite in the initial planting container, which makes sense. But now I am thinking I may have had too much perlite because I read that roots tend to try and avoid locations of pure air… I could literally just tap the seedling and the whole thing moved. You could tell it wasn’t rooting.

So last night I ended up preparing some new FFHF. Just HF by itself. Made a little hole, and put the sprout in, buried the taproot (still white), and said a prayer.

Please be nice. I am already wearing my dunce cap and have my nose in the corner… Going to do exactly the same processes that I did before… Because, you know, they work. Don’t listen to idiots on the internet that aren’t on ILGM.

On the bright side, I germinated a White Widow auto. Planted her last night, same as described above. Pure HF. So I should either have 1 plant, or 2… I am still hopeful for the Cherry Pie though, if it still has a chance, now is it.

2 Likes

Never a bad thing to try something new…but we’re in a grow off. So get to growing already! Now you’re 5 days behind. :joy:

3 Likes

Hope it works out for you .we all have trial and error trying to do things just like others we seem to get through them. And the process you was talking about is. Mainlining and this awesome grower that I’m following his journal does this on every 1 of his plants @arrow i can’t wait till my plants are ready to harvest so i can drop some photo wedding :cake: seeds to do mainlining he dont mind helping growers who want to learn it.

3 Likes