CygnusX1 Grows Humbolt Hi-Biscus

And, here we go, time for life to begin anew….

Details for this grow:

Seeds are Hi-Biscus from Humbolt Seed Company. Details from them:

• Sex: FEMINIZED
  • Lineage: Zkittles x Blueberry Muffin
  • 50% Indica 50% Sativa
  • Terpene Profile: Fruit Punch, Hibiscus Flowers

Medium - Coco Coir (Cana Coco)
Bags - 3 gallon fabric
Autopots will be used once they are established in the bags
Tent - AC Infinity 2x3 with 4” AC Infinity in-line fan + filter and AC Infinity Clip Fan
Lighting - HLG 135 V2 on one side, Spider Farmer SF-1000 on the other.

I’ve debated swapping the SF for another HLG, but honestly can’t say I’ve seen a difference between the two sides (at least yet) that I can attribute to the lighting. The SF seems to be a very solid performer.

Nutrients will be exclusively Jack’s 3.6-2.4-1.2 for Veg, + Jack’s Bloom for a few weeks at flip to 12/12, and Jack’s at 4/2/1 barring any surprises or need for adjustment. All will be mixed primarily with RO water + some tap to get PH to 6.5.

While I’m sure I could push the plants harder with some other additions, this simple recipe has served me well in the last few grows and keeps the autopot res very clear. I only had to clean once after the initial bloom nutes last round… Trying to stay low maintenance again.

I indent to top both plants when ready.

Seeds were dropped in a shot glass of water 2 days ago for 24 hours, then placed into coco, hydrated with Jack’s veg ratios & RO in solo cups with cut up 2L bottles as domes until they sprout.

Tagging a few who may be interested in following along.

@Newt @Nicky @Pinboy @MaD-VapoR @AfgVet @kaptain3d @Arrow (You still around?) @Tylersays @Pet_de_Chien @Low

13 Likes

@SilvaBack203 - ran out of tags in the first post brother.

3 Likes

Oh heck yeah!!! First in!!!

4 Likes

I have a lot of posts to catch up on in your thread… I’m so far behind all around right now….

3 Likes

Looking good brother, off to the races in pole position and 600 horses…I’m taggin along…

2 Likes

Watching avidly! :nerd_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the tag!! Funny how shit works it’s a crappy day here so I’m sitting in the garage smoking up and cranking 2112, then I saw yer tag… I’m kinda assuming a stoner moment when you say you ph to 6.5? I love the pinhead, I learned so much from him!

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Such a great album and song. Forget what year, but I saw the tour opener up in NY when they brought it back in entirety, great show. Great bootleg floating around still too that leaked from the full show rehearsal. Echoes from the Stage I believe it was dubbed.

No clue where 6.5 came from, this is why I shouldn’t multi-task and now too late to edit, but 5.8……!

1 Like

Set to watch brother!

1 Like

Rush is my all time favorite, can’t believe it took so long to be recognized by the hall of fame. To this day Peart just blows my mind

2 Likes

All 3 of them are Legend worthy musicians imo… :nerd_face:

1 Like

Such a great band, my tastes run primarily between classic rock and jam bands (hoping to catch Dead & Co again this year). Already got tix for Phish in Colorado, looking forward to that trip.

Anyway, wife was never a big rush fan (I’ve seen them more times than I can count over the years) and decided to go with me (actually surprised me with tix for my B-day). Clearly no clue at the time it would be their last tour. Bottom line, she was honestly dreading it a little, and will now readily admit she thinks its the best concert she’s ever been to…

2 Likes

Count me in 4 sure brother u know i love your grows…

2 Likes

Just about 30 years ago I went to see rush at alpine valley wi with a friend. She managed to get us backstage passes, what a blast! 2 days later she proposed to me lol. I’m all about music, lately it’s been more reggae than anything. Stickfigure being 1 of my current favs

1 Like

I’m here for the ride! Best of luck with em

2 Likes

Wasn’t expecting to see any action for another day or two, but, we have an overachiever…

Proof of life:

8 Likes

Hello World

1 Like

Hey little baby

1 Like

Behold! The miracle of life!

4 Likes

I shall be lurking along here, trying to pick up some pointers if you don’t mind. As for Rush, I saw them on the moving pictures tour must be 40 years ago, I was still in high school. Sometime in the mid 90’s a band that I had worked for was invited to open for Rush for a show. Didn’t get to meet the band, but after our set was done and equipment securely packed I went to our dressing room. There was a bottle of Champaign and a note to the band, mentioning all the members by name thanking them for playing the show, and signed by all 3 of them. Really classy move from them since most bands at our level would have payed to get on that show.

2 Likes