CygnusX1 Grows Cherry Ice Cream

Ya know… just when I thought I had it figured out…here I come paper bag store!

2 Likes

I do it too. Sweating seems to really help even out the remaining moisture, and you end up with a great cure.

2 Likes

Like @Pinboy said….time to hunt paper bags big enough to hold 5 plants. lol I’ll give it a go this grow and see what it’s all about.

2 Likes

Craft paper should work as well. Probably even right-sized cardboard boxes… I follow the guide on the Grove Bags site.

grovebags[.]com/sweating-cannabis/

2 Likes

Agreed, I think there are options if you don’t have a paper bag handy. I’ll just say I’m sold on this already…

This morning you can feel the difference in the buds from when they went in. The sugars were getting a tad crunchy when they came out of the WeDryer (just a touch / by intent). This morning the moisture in the buds already feels very consistent throughout. All good and sticky & smelling beautiful.

Also worth noting, I decided to break down and grab a WeDryer XL as with 2 plants, the smaller one has been a tight fit with even the partial harvests from 2 plants. There is a substantial difference in size between the 2, for sure… A “medium” that does not exist would be ideal for me, not that that extra space isn’t a bad thing, but geeze…

Boxes are easy….have plenty at work. I’ll see what bags Amazon offers.

And happy cannaversary @CygnusX1 !! Thank you for the info too.

I have the xl wedryer but won’t be using it this time around. Tent was cut at the same time so no need to break it out. It does work amazingly well and will use it for partial harvests in the future. The xl can hold a really good amount of bud.

3 Likes

Happy Cannaversary @CygnusX1
:fire::facepunch:

3 Likes

I don’t know if y’all have a Food Lion grocery store nearby but they used to actually still have paper bags if you asked for them. And that was just last summer.
I spied them one day when I was waiting in line and asked when I was on deck and she said yeh, they’re for use. So I got her to bag my few item in one. Had I know it had legitimate purposes I wouldn’t have let the cat play in it! LOL!
She did have a blast though! :rofl:

3 Likes

For Frenchy and @Hellraiser

8 Likes

Can’t wait for the report brother! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

8 Likes

Thats some gorgeous bud

1 Like

WOW! Trich City!

2 Likes

The first part of the harvest is now sweated and into 1/4lb grove bags. Total dry weight for that portion came in just over 5oz.

Balance of both plants was harvested last night, wet trimmed, and into the WeDryer. I’m guesstimating 9 oz + total dried from the two plants but I’ll confirm once this batch is ready to hit the Grove’s.

Again did not see any signs of hermie or seeds but will confirm on final dry trim of this second 1/2 of the harvest.

These plants are SO, SO, SO sticky….

We smoked a little sample this past Saturday night, just a little bit in the small Grav bubble with a pretty small sprinkling of the kief. Based on our experience, I’m going to need to be pretty careful when the temple ball is mature…

We were both beyond stoned (in the best possible way). Very happy to have tested this in the evening, this is NOT going to be a take a puff and go about your business type of strain… We ended up throwing on Up In Smoke, laughing our asses off (again), and getting an amazing night sleep…

7 Likes

Outstanding!!! :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

100% true statement

This is true as well. For me the initial punch this strain gives you is the most potent I have ever smoked.

I can only imagine. I can’t wait to try the kief myself.

Sounds like you had a great harvest…congrats!

:v:

1 Like

Been following yours as well, looking forward to hearing more as you continue to sample too. Don’t make any plans when you dip into the kief. :wink:

The Cherry undertone is definitely already there even through the bubbler and before curing, I imagine this is one that will cure / age incredibly well. I’m not getting any grass / hay taste or smell even during the dry which is always a really good sign.

Safe to say that over time I will absolutely be growing the few other seeds I have for this strain.

Really hoping we hear something from Hellraiser soon, but that unfortunately seems to be less likely as time goes on. I’m sure he’d love to hear how others are doing with the genetics… Continuing to send positive vibes his way.

4 Likes

Better get some clones next run, if you didn’t this time. Sounds like genetics that need to be saved.

4 Likes

I have a couple root balls that I left some growth on in case I wanted to do a reveg, and then the seeds that I found in Collards test bud. I’ll try to grow those out at some point but they’re not coming from the best mother. lol

I’m ready to put some branches in paper bags so I’ll be “sampling” a little more in a couple days. I can say that there is almost zero “green” taste like I’ve had in the past. Strain maybe, or maybe a better dry? Either way this will be some good bud (taste and effects) and I’ll be putting some away for a long cure.

And I’ll say this since I think he’s watching…lol :wink: “Thanks hellraiser”.

:v:

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I’m not set-up for clones presently, BUT, I’m going to keep the few seeds I have left safe for the time being. Hopefully our friend and mentor makes a triumphant return, however if not I’ll be prepared to clone and possibly attempt a seed run in the future and will save some until I have the time to deal with that…

His genetics deserve to carry forward one way or another.

Still debating what the next run will be (which will start early June after a few week grow-break).

I have some ILGM Orange Bud, G13 Auto’s, Humbolt Hi-Biscus, and Pure Breeding Cherry Cotton Candy as the current front-runners for tent space.

Also debating potentially only running one plant and sharing the tent space to try an indoor grow of some Chocolate Reaper pepper seeds that I have sitting around…

Was going to grow those outdoors but I slacked off getting them started and I’m not sure I’ll have a long enough season to run them outside, though I do have some “regular” Carolina Reapers going outside.

Lots to be decided over the next few weeks.

4 Likes