Cuttings - clones Now what do I do?

Don’t laugh they seem to like the mood light
The two in the black pots have been in there a week.
The small one is in the same water since 7/2. Plan on moving into regular grow soil tomorrow and will keep it domed.
Are the other 2 ready to be treated as a seedling? They have been under the deli containers since I put them in soil.

1 Like

Depends on whether they have rooted and if the roots developed enough to sustain the plant. With just a week into, would not count on it. That’s the problem with cloning into soil, can’t see if there are any roots, so it’s usually a wait and see game, if they live, they made roots, if they die, well they didn’t grow roots obviously.

3 Likes

So leave them covered?

1 Like

The ones in soil, just water or something else? I tried an experiment when I topped my GL FEMS. Put them in soil and watered with Clonex solution. Dont look like they will make. Just my luck, aero cloner showed up 3 days later.

When I was doing some trimming I figured lets see what happens. No expectations. But they have survived this long.

1 Like

I’d treat them as is they have no roots for another week and keep them covered, then treat them like a seedling and hope they grew roots. Even in best cases, clones won’t have good roots after a week but they generally do by 2 weeks.

3 Likes

Hey @Hellraiser @beardless @Bow4Buck my leaves need diagnosis…

Like :laughing:

1 Like

My expert diagnosis: your leaf is green and gigantic.

5 Likes

You know, I think you may be right?

2 Likes

Reminds me of the leaves I used to get from the Sour Bubble plants, as big as dinner plates.

2 Likes

High RH% causes leaf enlargement syndrome :sunny: :sunglasses:

I was told size doesn’t matter.

1 Like

My clones are 5 days in soil, under domes. They did 72hrs under light, then 18/6. I think the tops are close - but I’ll give them another 2-3 days to sweat (had to upgrade domes). Hopefully they will be good - they look like they will.

Did you cut the clones from a plant in veg or flower?

Iv never taken a clone from a flowering plant. Iv found it increases the chance of turning herme.

I soak all my cuttings in ph balanced water for 4 days before they go in soil. Soaking longer alows the cutting to absorb as much water as possible.

Flower
They were in water for at least 4-5 days before I got some rooting hormone and put them in soil. Similar to the little one.

I have 1 leaf thats just shy of 2 feet! Thats measured from leaf tip to end of stem. Oh and if you magnify this image a tad, check out fhe fully formed branch growing out of this leaf stem

or this double thickness leaf? Super wierd defect

2 Likes

What do you do with them after soaking in water for 4 days?

After they soak. One by one, i remove from water, dry with paper towel, cut the end at 45 deg and dip in clone x,

Here is a link for my grow journal, for more info on my cloning and sesd starting.