Cutting lower branches. Newbie with a zillion questions

Question for everyone: is it ok to cut some of the lower branches so top buds get bigger? And can I use the tiny cut buds for canna butter?

3 Likes

Yes you should be fine. And how far along in flower are you?

3 Likes

It is normally ok but seeing it would be easier to say yes 4sure

4 Likes

At a point it is recommended to clear the bottom third of the plant

The trim can be used for butter

Now whether you are at the point where this can
safely be done can only be determined if we see the (whole) plant as you can certainly do this too early so a pic would help us help you

1 Like

Hey don’t mean to steal ur question but I have they same one so with this girl 63 days from sprout GSCX AUTOS from ILGMA should I cut off the lower buds. Don’t have any good pics but like said above take off bottom 1/3,

So I wouldn’t touch any of those but I have a few little flowers like this one u can see, Cut it off to help the others

1 Like

Just posted about this a few moments ago.

2 Likes

But don’t listen to me, I’m a defoliating demon.

3 Likes

Looks great, pictures worth thousands words I got it. Should I water or feed before or after I do some trimming, or dose it matter ?

3 Likes

I don’t change anything. One morning I wake up and say, “It’s time to clean out those plants.” And then I do. Since I have about 4 plants mid flower, I’ll clean one every other day or so.

1 Like

Bottom 1/3 casualties :cry: but I know for greater good

5 Likes

About three weeks

Day 12 trim pile. Take a good look. Some are 2-3 nodes and 6". From the bottom or secondary growth (suckers) that only clutter up the center and middle of the plant. Purple Haze photoperiod

My preference is to identify them and remove them before they get that big. They consumed resources.

3 Likes

I agree. No need to grow them out simply to cut them later.

Do these pics look normal for harvesting time? Or is this some freaky kind of mold?

Hi guys. Sharing some updated pics! I THINK they look ok.

2 Likes