Cutting leaves on seedlings

When you have a plant that you started from seed do you cut its leaves like you do clones when they start to grow?

What do you mean? I don’t touch seedlings until they mature. Don’t really prune except topping, remove fan leaves well into flower though

1 Like

No mate @Amazon66

1 Like

If you have anymore questions you need to ask regarding your grow dont hesitate we are all here to help you get a harvest at the end of your hard work @Amazon66 :+1::kangaroo:

3 Likes

Hey @Amazon66
Try starting a grow journal
This will help to keep all of your questions pointed and in one thread
I have seen a couple of your posts and you are doing great but to get the best help and direction try to keep everything on one thread
You don’t have to I am just trying to help you get your questions answered a quickly as possible
You can also request us by name
Like my name is Growit
If you have a question for me just put the @ symbol before my name like this
@Growit
I will tag some grow friends
@MattyBear
@dbrn32
@OldSkunk
Again welcome to the forum
And don’t clip your seedlings let em grow
Shoot us some pics
The only time you want to clip em is when you are ready to top em or fim em
If this is your first grow I recommend letting them do their thing and don’t screw with em too much
Feed them and water them well and make sure they have a good environment to grow in
Again welcome and let us know if we can help

3 Likes

Thank you so much I’ve heard alot of different things but seems everything I’ve read from Bergman works I started with growing bible and now asking alot of questions. I also am just learning how to use this forum.

3 Likes

Thank you I’m sure you’ll be hearing from me

When making clones you square off the tips of leaves was wondering if you do that with small plants which were started by seed. I’m thinking that’s a no.

1 Like

I see what you mean

See my reply below

I see what you mean now
About squaring off or cutting the tips off the leaves
NO don’t do it
Let them grow sister
Let them grow nice and full
I apologize for misreading your question

2 Likes

People cut leaves on clones to stunt leaf growth so plants direct their energy into growing roots instead. There’s nothing with it, but it’s also not necessary to do. A seedling will naturally try to expand its root base prior to growing, so not really any reason at all to cut leaves there.

4 Likes

Your welcome, anytime, if i am late in reply its because i live down under!!

I want to send pics of my 1st seedling I think it’s about ready to be topped and trained and I think I may need some advice. Just learning how to use this forum also but wasn’t sure how to get to you or if I already had. Anyway here come pics

I don’t think my pic went thru

1 Like

It did here’s one more how many nodes do I need to top

1 Like

Re pot to a 5 gallon grow bag first :+1:

2 Likes

I would not top it yet
But you can
I wait till the 5th node of growth to top
I top mine once they are about a foot tall and transplanted

1 Like

It is your plant and you can do what ever you want
You have 5 nodes of growth and I know a lot of growers that top em when they are small like that

1 Like

Your plants look great, let them grow into great bud producers.

The others have you covered, follow their, very sound, advice.

1 Like