Cut this down today washed and hung is it mold on it? Baking soda + lemon juice

I think it looks fine
Can’t tell from the picture, but guessing the white is crystals reflecting light.
Like @Zombo said, burp it a couple times a day for the next few weeks. The smell and flavor will come back as it cures. Great job on your grow!

3 Likes

@North_East_Newbie

4 Likes

Also i forgot to mention i just cut these down and hung them up yesterday how does it look to you peeps?

@M4ur @Majiktoker @Tonyb @Zombo @Wishingilivedina420state @North_East_Newbie @Donaldj @FreakyDeekie @arpeggio @bob31

6 Likes

looks like a decent little return on your efforts keep in mind you will only get better and increase yields through trial and error don’t let the first few grows you do trip you up. It’s always kinda shocking how much they shrink and the weight lost during drying and curing just keep in mind you are becoming self sustaining and that every time results will improve :wink:

11 Likes

I think it looks fine. And I agree with Donald. My first grow I got 18 grams out of my cab, 2nd grow I got 40grams off 1 auto.

2 Likes

They look good, your gonna get that hay smell for a bit but it should go away as you cure. Congratulations @Noctis420

3 Likes

Im feeling really discouraged now :disappointed: i think the first batch dried to fast and isn’t really curing in the jar… and so I go check on the 2nd batch hanging. The stems are basically making a crackle noise when bending. It’s been 3 days and it seemed to soon but I took them down and put them in a jar and now they feel really wet…I took it out and layed it on cardboard dont really have anything else to put it on … i guess this is the real challenge of the whole process. Growing it was pretty easy to moderate but now I entered extra hard lol… I’m really getting irritated all that work and i feel like I failed/failing.

@Noctis420 don’t be. I dry my previous (1st grow) and she was not get the curing process… I smoked all in 1-2 months :joy:
smiley-rolling-joint

1 Like

I’m feeling you pain @Noctis420, I had mold on my big colas… Had to probably throw 1/2 to ounce in garbage… I cleaned then with lemon juice and baking soda as well but now I’m worried about fargin mold coming back… Very very frustrating… We can just learn from this… My take is I should have pruned more of the big fan leaves to allow more air in… My humidity was never really an issue?? Trying to figure this out… Air flow seemed to be good… My next grow, I will
Prune to keep colas at a distance from each other… My main colas were right on top of each other and unfortunately they were the ones with the mold… My biggest buds, pisses me off big time

1 Like

Damn @Zombo is it the grow in a closet or confined space? Mine was in a closet and sometimes it was shut and locked for security reason (it’s legal I just hate nosy people ) that’s why I worry about mold too. Sometimes it would smell musty but my closet is right next to a window with ac blasting to kill humidity and a box fan blowing inside the closet whenever possible. I got two Eva dry portable dehumidifier things and a mini dehumidifier in the box too. Twice I shut off the power strip to check ppm and stuff since my strong bubbler would make it bounce all around and I forgot to turn it back on and went to work for 8hrs…came home and it was completely soaked inside the box…dripping down the walls. I wiped it and put the box fan right against the plant basically til it dried. It happened once in veg and once in flower. I was taping mini fans inside the box too blowing right at the buds. I’m so paranoid and this is why I keep asking everyone to examine my buds. I’ve been breaking them open to check seems ok so far and it smells good now.

1 Like

Oh I did chop off a ton of fan leaves like 3 times. I forgot to mention that. Although they just kept growing new ones and clogging the box. @Zombo

1 Like

Wow, you’ve had you work cut out for you for sure @Noctis420… My grow is in a tent… Usually kept open, 2 six inch fans in tent… Pedestal fan 16 inch blowing into tent… Temps and RH usually were in a good range… My plants were Indica Northern Lights… Plants are very dense with big ass fan leaves… I don’t think I’ll have this issue with my WW I’m growing now but never saw the mold… Mold was in the buds on stem so you couldn’t see it… My fan leaves started to become crispy crunchy and looked like they were getting burned… Growing isn’t that easy lol

1 Like

Haha yeah I busted @$$ on this pretty sure there is a pic up above of the setup. I’m basically growing like it’s illegal but it’s not. It makes it really tough for me and I really have to think. I went through like 8 mini fans they kept breaking lol @Zombo I’m just tired of getting it from the black market who knows how they grew it plus it’s murdering my wallet.

1 Like

So strange how yours molded. I noticed I was getting spots of water on my fan leaves during veg so I knew I had to battle a lack of ventilation. It’s possible that happened to you. @Zombo

Not really sure? @Noctis420, these seeds were from another vendor, not ILGM… Seemed like the temps and humidity were not bad? Only thing that’s coming to me is the pruning, plant was thick and bushy

1 Like

I see that had to be it just couldn’t circulate. 2 out of 3 of those plants of mine were from a different vendor as well @Zombo one was strawberry kush from ilgm no clue which one it was. Maybe the shorter one I harvested who knows.

1 Like

Oh NO So Sorry :disappointed:

If you got more seeds, put some in water and try again

If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again

1 Like

Wow, I’m sorry that happened @Noctis420… I had to dispose of mold weed as well. Mold is some bad stuff

1 Like

Who would of thought growing marijuana could be like doing brain surgery :weary: @Zombo

2 Likes

I know! This grows in the wild with high heat winds, rain… Pests and animals … @Noctis420… I was really not good last night, my wife said your hobby is suppose to relax you and your suppose to have fun… I said im having fun but right now I’m having a myocardial infarction… It’s frustrating but we are gonna be better because of this… Problem is I need some weed to chill out and I don’t have any! Lol

2 Likes