Curse of Oak Island/ Last Alaskans/ Alaska The Last Frontier/ Homestead Rescue/ Maine Cabin Masters/ Live Free or Die!/ Life Below Zero/ Blue Planet/ Port Protection

Yes I seen it and your right. Hard to say what to do next.

2 Likes

Reviving this thread in the spirit of Bob31, the anticipation of more Curse episodes coming and because I am dying to know if anyone watches/watched Ozark with jason Bateman? OMFG.

I am bingeing seasons 1 and 2 over the past few weeks and hoooooo leeeee crap! Not educational or informative or anything good, but it’s great if you liked say Breaking Bad, Son’s of Anarchy or just great acting and shocking situations with exceptional graphics, wow

3 Likes

Season 6 Ep 1 of The Curse was on last evening (11/13). I flipped past it as I rarely watch anything but news and weather on the telly. I will binge the episodes on a website I found, no commercials and I can stay glued for as long as I like without all of the interference one sees on the TV.

If you’re really good with ad and pop up blocker apps/plugins, this site has all you’ll ever need.

http://www.dailytvfix.com/the-curse-of-oak-island/season/6/episode/1

1 Like

@Screwauger it has been along time I’ve been on here. You still around

Hey @Willd been awhile for me on here, I have some questions about your state if you don’t mind.

2 Likes

He is taking a hiatus from the forum so you may not get any answers. You might put up a general post for New England or Maine in particular.

1 Like

Hey, ask away.

3 Likes

Hey thanks,
Me and my wife are planning a trip up to take a look at some places to buy one .have been checking different lakes in the state. I have found a few in the grand lake steam area, East grand lake area , Moosehead and pemadumcook lake area.
.We love to fish for smallmouth and have some privacy so don’t want to be elbow to elbow with people. So any ideas on these areas or if you have a good choice for us take look at .
Thanks

1 Like

Sorry @Willd didn’t tag you or click the reply on your post was using phone

No worries. I’m not here as frequently as I used to be.
I’m not a native of the state so those areas you mention are still undiscovered for me.

The great thing about Maine is that most of it is still sparsely populated, (not as sparse a AK) yet there are areas where you can get to civilization/employment opportunities within 20-30 minutes.

I grew up in RI so I like being closer to the coast. I just moved from a 3 acre property in an interior town of 714 residents in Waldo County to a .75 acre property in coastal town of 2100 in Hancock County a half a mile from the Atlantic. Real estate is cheap here. People I know in other parts of the country are astonished by the amount of inhabitable properties with acreage available for 100k or less in some cases.
As a transplant, I’m obliged to warn you about black fly season. Black flies are swarming, blood seeking gnats that don’t just stick you like a skeeter. The actually make an tiny x-shaped incision and then lap the resulting micro blood from the well it creates. The histamine reaction (itch) can last from minutes to hours. They cannot travel faster than 1.5MPH. If you’re mowing, sailing, hiking, biking, or jogging, no problem. If your gardening or fishing you’re gonna need to stock up on DEET to douche the long sleeve shirt, long pants, head-net & hat you need to protect yourself with. You’ve been warned.
Winter is long. But again no Alaska.
Imagine southeast passage region if the sun shined for 200 days a year (instead of 90) & half the rain were snow. Ha ha ha.
I love it here. I work from home doing IT support to the distances between services & towns doesn’t really impact me that much.

Good luck with your search!

3 Likes

Hey @Willd thanks for the info. I live a a few states southwest from you. We are going to travel around the state looking and taking in as much as we can. We won’t have a time limit so we can take our time and hopefully find something we both love. Thanks again and sorry took so long to reply.

1 Like

I’m partial to Waldo and Hancock counties.
The realty is so much more affordable

2 Likes

Have seen a couple of places in Hancock that I liked. So we will look around and see in the area. Maybe will bump into each other. Like I was saying we will traveling around the state taking in sites as well. I believe I found some in @Screwauger area if I’m right on guessing we’re he lives.
Thanks again for your info much appreciated.

1 Like