Current and future grow journal

I’m going to see if I can work up to that, a buddy I sent 6 of the bulbs to runs his 13w reptile with no Ill effects 12/12 and says he could definitely use more UV so that’s why I sent him some, they dont ship to the UK.
I could see not being able to run the full 12/12 if the plants got too tall, as I’m pretty limited on ceiling height right now, so if they grow to within 18" of my light I will have to cut it back some I think. But I will just have to play it by how they look too.

3 Likes

That’s pretty much what I was asking. Just to have an idea while I’m following along.

1 Like

The soil I have is ready. Slurry test shows a PH of 6.5, but the thing I was afraid of most is bugs would be brought back into the grow tent, and that’s exactly what happened. They are tiny white bugs that jump around like fleas. I havent identified them yet. Unsure if they are root aphids or what. I bought some DE and FF but off spray to try and take care of them. I’m not even sure if they are harmful to plants yet.

1 Like

Ughhh, that stuff sucks. If you get them identified it’s easier to isolate what will zap those little bastards.

1 Like

Yea I know, I cant figure it out. Been researching the past couple days. They just crawl right over the DE

1 Like

I’ll see if I can take some pics and have the good people of ILGM identify them for me

1 Like

Anyone have any idea what these are? I havent seen them eating my plant up top yet, who knows if they are doing any damage beneath the soil.

I guess they are Springtails. They eat fungus, mold, decomposing leaf matter.

I’ve never heard of them. I was kinda thinking maybe thrips, but not 100% sure.

Thats what i was thinking at first. But they dont have any of the same look as Thrips, and i would imagine they would be all over the plants right about now. And i havent seen not one of these even near the stem.

2 Likes

Not only are springtails harmless to the garden & do not bite, but their presence indicates good soil health. Their diet consists of decaying matter, fungus, & bacteria, & their activity helps keep nitrogen in the soil. A healthy garden & especially a healthy compost pile has them in abundance.

springtail-folsomia-candida-2-600x400

7 Likes

Crisis averted then, hard to argue with that!

1 Like

Yea that’s what I thought lol

1 Like

3/4 plants seem to be growing quite nicely. I planted the 4th one about 5 days after the others, it doesnt seem to have the push as the other ones have had.
Daytime temps have been around 83F with 45-50% humidity.
Fed them a compost tea brewed for 36 hours just to make sure the soil was live. Have been watering with tap water. I made a 5 gallon jug, then crushed up a 500mg Vitamin C pill to put in it. This both neutralizes the chloramines in the water, and lowers my PH.

7 Likes

Looking great mate and I see you have the clay pot’s I have some here also I think that they are good with females with all the transplanting keep on cruise control mate :v:.

1 Like

I’m only using them cause they are smaller, I have 3 gallon and 5 gallon fabric that I will be using when they are a bit bigger.

2 Likes

I have the same mate they were my nanny’s and I still have them so I like to think they bring me some luck with them, for a hugh root ball and 100% perfect harvest :+1:.

2 Likes

@Aolelon mate, how are your plant’s doing now I just read over your thread again just now don’t forget us buddy yeah… :v:

1 Like

They’re doing okay, I just started flowering 2 of them. I actually ran in to some problems and had to abort 2 of them, and hide the other 2. My AC ended up burning out, and had to tear everything down to get it fixed, so I couldn’t spend the energy like I wanted on them. But I did end up expanding my grow space to a 4x4x7 using panda film so it’s a step up from the 4x2.5x5 that I was using.
I planted 2 more autos in some Coco to make up for the 2 that I had to kill off at the time.

5 Likes

Hey good to hear from you you mate, sorry about the 2 that didn’t make it but thankfully you are up and going again your 2 older lady’s a very healthy and strong and you have 2 more already on the way that great work mate :v:.

2 Likes