CurrDogg420’s Grow

I only grew one in my outside garden in the ground and I had to chop her early because she just smelled the high heavens and got scared I would get reported…all my other dirt grows were containers above ground so I could move them around the yard when needed

2 Likes

@Retiredoldguy That’s what I did last year but this year i worked up another part of my property it get sun down there from time it comes up til about 7 in the evening it’s in different part then the garden picture I shared think it’s going to be a good place

2 Likes

the way the spring is going this year I am wondering what kind of summer will we get…so many places already in heavy drought…

2 Likes

Yes it’s same here i had to water yesterday even though we’ve had some rain but not like we usely do @Retiredoldguy

2 Likes

@Retiredoldguy look at my little pig

3 Likes

ah…look at that little porker…I can see the resemblance :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Lol She’s about 400 lbs getting ready to breed her

2 Likes

Do you have more and what will you do with the piglets

2 Likes

Sell them @Retiredoldguy i usely keep couple to harvest

3 Likes

@Retiredoldguy Another little hobby of mine i like smoking and salt curing

3 Likes

Ok another one of my experiments here…vacuum seal in a jar to see if it lasts longer than just a lid on the jar with and without Boveda …what do you think

4 Likes

Wish i had space for animals now :sleepy:
We sold our 25 acres deep in the appalachian mountains and bought ¼ acre in the big city.
I can barely have a dog and multiple cars now :confused:

1 Like

I think it will work I’ve vacuum sealed but i don’t like it smashing the bud’s that a good idea @Retiredoldguy

2 Likes

I believe if it’s a negative pressure in the jar then it would have to “last longer”. There would be less atmosphere inside so it would have to slow it down i would think.
Weather it’s a very noticeable amount or not idk p🤷‍♂️
But i like the idea, let me know how it works out

4 Likes

@1HappyPappy that’s where im from is appalachian mountains i moved about 3 hour drive from where I grew up

2 Likes

@Retiredoldguy its oxygen that’s mostly responsible for degradation of the flavors and THC over time. I think it will work great. I have some vacuum sealing mason jar lids that I use for making my fermented hot pepper mash, been meaning to try them.

3 Likes

I wondered whatever happened to Honey Boo Boo!
She hasn’t changed a bit!

2 Likes

going to try this technique on the next harvest…will do this after a week of burping in a jar or until it doesn’t need to get burped anymore…

2 Likes

Have you ever heard of Burp Lids CD? Just curious. I stumbled across them on the net and it seems they do what you mentioned that degrades the buds. They give you a pump to remove the oxygen for curing, then there’s a little valve on the lid to I suppose burp the jar, then pump the air back out. I thought it was interesting lol.

3 Likes

@The_Chef, those are pretty much exactly the ones I use, except this brand was $10 cheaper

The valve is one-way, lets pressure escape the jar, but won’t let air back in. This is important for fermentation

4 Likes