Curling leaves under

Roughly 40 by 40 in.

Maybe @dbrn32 could probably suggest something in that price range better than I could. I assume, with your eyes, that a diy build is out. Horticulture Lighting Group 100 Watt Quantum Board LED Kit V2, fits the price range.

Maybe something like this could get you by for a grow or two till you can save up for something better. It’s a 135w actual draw from the wall. Don’t get sucked in by the 600w.

2 Likes

Not quite that blind but …:wink::rofl::rofl:
Prefer pre built.

My UFO is 225 actual. 75x3w.

Nope! Just like the 600w above is actually 135w.

2 Likes

40”x40” would be hard to do on $200 to have good flowering intensity. In order to get the best bang for your buck, I’d try a 4 pack of qb 120’s and assembling yourself. It’s like $140 for boards, $60 for driver. You’d probably wrap another $50-60 in construction materials, but you’d have a really good light cheap.

If that’s not an option, qb 135 kit is available for about $200 and you can get it assembled. It would be a good start.

1 Like

I have one of these. It is 208 actual watts and I have had good success with it. But @dbrn32 has a great point with the qb builds. He knows best and helped me build a qb light.

https://www.amazon.com/LED-Grow-Light-Lighting-Spectrum/dp/B07CG49HMZ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544893681&sr=8-1&keywords=hipargero

3 Likes

Thank u for the info @dbrn32 and @Budbrother. I have some finagling to do now. I don’t have a lot of time here to ponder the situation. They’re def gonna need more light. Just gotta make a decision and make the leap. :+1:

2 Likes

No problem. You can get into an hps light pretty cheap, but a lot of times require cooled hood or air conditioning to keep canopy temps reasonable.

1 Like

I was thinking the QB 135 v2 as well, but it was above the price range pre assembled from growerslights.

2 Likes

Thank u for the link @HJL. Looks like it could work for me. They can still get here before the end of year too. Didn’t really want to go to hps for same reasons as @dnrn32 stated. Heat and power consumption. Thanks again.

1 Like

And thank u @Budbrother and @dbrn32 for ur insight and time. I appreciate your help and input.

1 Like

As per ur suggestion I tucked and tied some more down. Also able to drop the light a lil lower too. They all got molasses with their feed tonite as well.
I m lucky enuff to not have to add up or down to my mix. Always comes out to 6.4-6.5 ph. :+1:
Thank u again. Roll one. Smoke one.

1 Like

Just a lil update. Officially in flower. 3 weeks today since 12/12.
Budlets all over.

Been using g h nutes . Bloom / Kool bloom /and a lil black strap molasses.
Have a slight light burn on a few taller tips.
My fault for not checking height close enuff. Since corrected. Grew within 11 in of lite. Back at 14 in and no further signs.
Merry Christmas to all. :v:

6 Likes

The scrog filled out quite nicely!

3 Likes

Thank you @Sixpackdad. I’ve seen places where I could make improvements with an earlier flip to 12/12 and topping/fim
Over all happy so far. Happy holidays to you and yours. :v:

3 Likes