Curious about effects of a fan

I live in a humid area in which wpm thrives so to keep my babies from developing mold I keep a box fan on low in the area they’re currently in. It’s not directly next to them but it is pointing in their direction and just enough to make them do the wiggle. Will doing this for a prolonged period have any effect on the trichomes drying out or anything of that sort?

2 Likes

Probably not the sacs but it can stress the plant out and it will begin to drop leaves if too strong of wind. Barely moving the leaves should be fine - watch for leaves turning yellow or folding up - then move the fan to indirect but kick it up a speed.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks I just did that. I feel as if the bud isn’t as sticky as it used to be so was just curious if that is what’s causing it to happen. It has been rainy here the last 3-4 days so they haven’t gotten efficient sunlight either since they have been moved to a shed. Thank you

Trichome production is used by the plant to slow down moisture loss in a dry climate which gives you another reason to try to reduce the ambient humidity to around 40% (if possible). Just an FYI.

2 Likes

Interesting, I’m patiently waiting for a dehumidifier to get here!

1 Like

Im using three fans in my tent even through flowering it doesn’t do anything to trichomes all the fans might do is give ur plant wind burn

1 Like